Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Worst Commercial Beer You've Ever Had?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2011, 10:24 PM   #501
Turk10mm
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

bud light chelada.. clamato just is not a beer additive. i like a good michelada every now and then, especially on a beach in mexico. But that stuff is horrid.

Sunday - Wendy's Texas Blonde
Bottled - Fireplug Irish Red
Bottled - Dos Dedos de los Pies
Gone :( - Texas Abbey Whit

On Deck - Wolfgang's Black Heart, Belgian Strong Dark

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2011, 11:45 PM   #502
smurfjuice
Recipes 

Wow, college dayz,, didn't get to spend much of those.. Worst pakie brew was a Shlitz malt liquor. Bought as a rider,, Needless to say, after
one hit, it went out the window..

Old 02-15-2011, 11:49 PM   #503
smurfjuice
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruelkix View Post
I'm at the airport in Akron right now drinking Great Lakes Commodore Perry IPA. Pretty standard ....

However, worst beer goes to Sam Adams Cherry wheat (insert puke emoticon here), and someone mentioned bud light lime. He is freakin right when hes said "I win". That is a god awful beer. It's just so bad, I really don't know what to say. I tried a sip once and will never touch it again. I drink PBR, Miller, alright Steel Reserve is horrible. OE 800, not all that awful, especailly compared to bud light lime.

I love the craft brew revolution, but gosh dang, sometimes $h!t is just straight terrible. Not sure what people are thinking.
Gaaaawd,Tried a cherry wheat up north last year.. dumped it...

Old 02-15-2011, 11:52 PM   #504
smurfjuice
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA_from_GA View Post
local brew pub opened a few months back, bout a 5 mile ride for SWMBO and I, so we head up there couple friday nights ago. First 2 beers (tripel and an IPA) weren't too bad. The second 2 (Robust Porter and a God-knows-what, but it was supposed to be an ESB) were HORRIBLE. the place brews in 15 gal batches, and said they've been way over demanded and way under supplied. The porter was tart, almost like a lambic and the ESB was WAY sweet, probably didn't finish fermenting at the rate he said they were going through their pipeline.

We'll go back. Seem like nice folks (even though our food service was terrible too), but most of all, glad to see someone who's brewing and selling it here in GA. Maybe next time our beer won't suck.
Ayup', baby steps i guess..

Old 02-15-2011, 11:55 PM   #505
lutherslagers
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Sleeman Cream Ale. It was in 1999. I haven't had one since, but it was so bad that I remember it today as my worst beer ever.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:50 AM   #506
Rockape66
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Man, the English and Belgian ales sure take a beating on this thread. I've found them to be world class for the most part, but you can find a stinker anywhere if you look. I'm pretty sure I would gag on a Kriek, but I wouldn't call it a bad beer, just not to my taste. I know other people like the sour fruit flavors. We're trying to talk about truly horrid brews here; not styles not to your personal taste.
Off my soapbox now. Thanks all.
Slainte, Mack

Old 02-16-2011, 01:02 AM   #507
Apendecto
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclonetx View Post
Leinenkugel's Fireside Nut Brown with hazel. Tasted like a nasty coffee drink from Starbucks. Bought a six and dumped five down the drain.
Yep. That's one gross beer.

Old 02-16-2011, 01:04 AM   #508
TRainH2o
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I'm listing two.

Sam Adams Light and Yuengling Light. To me, these are so far from the regular beers they pretend to be, I won't touch them. Not quite gag reflex inducing but you have to ask yourself why they bother.

Arrogant Bastard Clone
Imperial Red Ale
Blonde Ale

Fermenting
Munich Helles
German Pilsner
Mango Wine
Peach Wine

Bottled
Mango Wine
Westy 12 Clone

Old 02-16-2011, 01:17 AM   #509
nickharbour
Troll
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I spend a month a year in various 3rd world countries and I'd have to add some of their local beers to the conversation. They always sport a super light pilsner but I don't think with the same eye for detail as western companies plus lack of refrigeration in the sweltering heat, by the time it gets to your mouth you'll wish you ordered a bottled water instead.

Every country has its local worst. I'm in cambodia right now so I'll nominate Anchor beer. Its a lower cost competitor to the disappointing local favorite Angkor beer. Sometimes in restaurants they'll put ice in it. The only selling point is that its cold.

Last edited by nickharbour; 02-16-2011 at 02:31 AM.

Old 02-16-2011, 04:18 AM   #510
Apendecto
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
Maybe not the worst, but the most disappointing commercial brew I've had recently is Bell's Pale Ale. It just really isn't up to par with some of their other offerings. Taste wise, I'd describe it as a very crisp bottle of bread. I was very turned off by the loose yeast sediment throughout the entire pour.
I recently bought a bunch of singles which were all pale ales and this one was the worst. Hay in liquid form. Crap.

Quick Reply