Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Worst Commercial Beer You've Ever Had?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2012, 02:12 AM   #1761
BuddyBrews
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Ok considering i just paid paid 4 dollars for a bottle of this beer at a bar i feel it one of the worst beers i have ever had. Dogfishhead 60 min ipa is freekin terrible How is this considered a "craft" beer. My girlfriend that has no prejudice to any beer or brewery said it reminded her of the last time she drank a 40 oz of Mickey's. Im sorry to whoever likes this beer but grosss. Given it its last of MANY chances.

Lots and lots of beer!!

corkybstewart Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2012, 02:17 AM   #1762
Wingfan13
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluntsandbeers View Post
Ok considering i just paid paid 4 dollars for a bottle of this beer at a bar i feel it one of the worst beers i have ever had. Dogfishhead 60 min ipa is freekin terrible How is this considered a "craft" beer. My girlfriend that has no prejudice to any beer or brewery said it reminded her of the last time she drank a 40 oz of Mickey's. Im sorry to whoever likes this beer but grosss. Given it its last of MANY chances.
Whaaaa ? Not that 60 is even in my top 10 favorite IPA's but there MUST have been something wrong with the beer. Left in the sun ? Left in a hot truck ? Old as hell ?

Old 10-07-2012, 03:00 AM   #1763
Erroneous
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 25 Posts

Indeed, 60 minute is decent, better than a great many ipas I've had. Not saying you should try it yet again but would like to know what turns you off to it

Old 10-07-2012, 03:46 AM   #1764
BuddyBrews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
Indeed, 60 minute is decent, better than a great many ipas I've had. Not saying you should try it yet again but would like to know what turns you off to it
Thats what everyone says. Maybe its my taste buds but it really has an awful taste to me. Some not so tasty bitterness, weird malt sweetness..... that about all i get from it. I dunno but sweet to the people that "Think its decent".

Lots and lots of beer!!

Old 10-07-2012, 03:48 AM   #1765
BuddyBrews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingfan13 View Post
Whaaaa ? Not that 60 is even in my top 10 favorite IPA's but there MUST have been something wrong with the beer. Left in the sun ? Left in a hot truck ? Old as hell ?
At a restaurant/pub that has tons of business. I doubt it was old or skunked. I have been turned off every time i have tried it. I always wonder if thats the case.....

Lots and lots of beer!!

Old 10-07-2012, 03:50 AM   #1766
emjay
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1711 Times on 1600 Posts
Likes Given: 1

That is ridiculous. 60 minute doesn't taste at all offensive, and is pretty tame as far as IPAs go. The only way I can see somebody hating it is if they just plain hate hops, and therefore any style that is hop-focused. It's a bit too floral for it to be one of my favorites, and I do greatly prefer 90 minute, but it's hard to imagine that anybody who likes American craft beer can hate the 60 minute so much.

So I have to agree that something happened to the beer. Perhaps it was oxidized or lightstruck, but in any case it was almost definitely mishandled - likely the distributor or retailer, but possibly also the consumer and, least likely of all in this case, the brewery itself.

And this highlights how important it is to not just write off a beer entirely just because you had one bad bottle or glass. And also justifies the length some breweries go to in order to ensure their beer is handled and served to their standards, because many customers can easily be lost due to a single distributor or retailer not caring about preserving the integrity of the product and the quality that ends up reaching the consumer. Which of course causes many to conclude that the beer is just bad overall and making sure to avoid it in the future because they (think they) don't like it.

Old 10-07-2012, 03:53 AM   #1767
emjay
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1711 Times on 1600 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluntsandbeers

At a restaurant/pub that has tons of business. I doubt it was old or skunked. I have been turned off every time i have tried it. I always wonder if thats the case.....
I posted a tad too late, heh.

Did you get it in a bottle or on tap?

Old 10-07-2012, 03:58 AM   #1768
BuddyBrews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
That is ridiculous. 60 minute doesn't taste at all offensive, and is pretty tame as far as IPAs go. The only way I can see somebody hating it is if they just plain hate hops, and therefore any style that is hop-focused. It's a bit too floral for it to be one of my favorites, and I do greatly prefer 90 minute, but it's hard to imagine that anybody who likes American craft beer can hate the 60 minute so much.

So I have to agree that something happened to the beer. Perhaps it was oxidized or lightstruck, but in any case it was almost definitely mishandled - likely the distributor or retailer, but possibly also the consumer and, least likely of all in this case, the brewery itself.

And this highlights how important it is to not just write off a beer entirely just because you had one bad bottle or glass. And also justifies the length some breweries go to in order to ensure their beer is handled and served to their standards, because many customers can easily be lost due to a single distributor or retailer not caring about preserving the integrity of the product and the quality that ends up reaching the consumer. Which of course causes many to conclude that the beer is just bad overall and making sure to avoid it in the future because they (think they) don't like it.
Well i LOVE hops so that not the case. But i didn't taste or smell any... And i totally felt it was offensive tasting. But you may be right. Def tasted old would be one way to describe. But also it has always to me...

Lots and lots of beer!!

Old 10-07-2012, 03:59 AM   #1769
BuddyBrews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Bottle 60 min IPA yaaack..

Lots and lots of beer!!

Old 10-07-2012, 04:07 AM   #1770