Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Worst Commercial Beer You've Ever Had?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2012, 03:34 AM   #1671
Krazykripple
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 162
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default

we've got a beer in NZ called DB Draft. it's truly terrible

__________________
Krazykripple is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 03:30 PM   #1672
MR2Aaron
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Austin
Posts: 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hefe1911 View Post
Firemans 4
Really? I didn't think it was stellar, but I didn't think that was terrible, either.

The worst beer I can remember was something called Landshark.

It tasted like a BMC american lager, except awful.
__________________
MR2Aaron is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 04:27 PM   #1673
DisturbdChemist
It's Beermans World!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
 
DisturbdChemist's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Between-the-keggerator-and-the-couch, TX
Posts: 5,207
Liked 1436 Times on 1009 Posts
Likes Given: 765

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR2Aaron View Post
Really? I didn't think it was stellar, but I didn't think that was terrible, either.

The worst beer I can remember was something called Landshark.

It tasted like a BMC american lager, except awful.

Is landshark Jimmy Buffett beer? I think so and its just like carona in clear bottles.


I dont think Fireman 4 was a horrible beer. Like he said it's not amazing but in my opinion a decent beer
__________________

I do not have a drinking problem. Unless I'm out of beer...

This beer isn't accidental infected. It's purposely infected.

Twitter: @dcp006 - Ambidextrous Drinker
Untappd: BiggTexx

Check my home brew into untappd!
Abbey Normal BierWorx

DisturbdChemist is online now
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 07:02 PM   #1674
OfficerMitchel
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tipton, Oklahoma
Posts: 25
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Back in the mid-80s I used to have season tickets to the Oakland A's. My seat was front row, directly across from first base. Since I worked the graveyard shift, I could make all the night games during the week and at least the second game of a Saturday double-header. I now forget who the game was against (maybe NY) but a Tuesday game that started at 5:00PM went into extra innings. Eight extra innings. The game didn't end until around 1:00 in the morning. About 11:00 one of the beer hawkers came over and sat next to me, carrying his beer cooler on his chest. He was trying to give me a beer (or two) free. Since this wasn't a scheduled double-header, they hadn't bothered to order in extra beer. The only beer left in the stadium was two cases of Schlitz, and the vendor couldn't go home until after the game, or he sold out of beer. He was still there when I left at 1:00.

__________________

Whatever is, is right...Alexander Pope

OfficerMitchel is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 07:07 PM   #1675
CreamyGoodness
Grows On You Like Yeast
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
CreamyGoodness's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Astoria, NY
Posts: 6,662
Liked 1586 Times on 1118 Posts
Likes Given: 2556

Default

Was this just demonstrative of your hatred for Schlitz? Why wouldnt you just take the beers and stuff them in your pockets so the poor buzzard could go home?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerMitchel View Post
Back in the mid-80s I used to have season tickets to the Oakland A's. My seat was front row, directly across from first base. Since I worked the graveyard shift, I could make all the night games during the week and at least the second game of a Saturday double-header. I now forget who the game was against (maybe NY) but a Tuesday game that started at 5:00PM went into extra innings. Eight extra innings. The game didn't end until around 1:00 in the morning. About 11:00 one of the beer hawkers came over and sat next to me, carrying his beer cooler on his chest. He was trying to give me a beer (or two) free. Since this wasn't a scheduled double-header, they hadn't bothered to order in extra beer. The only beer left in the stadium was two cases of Schlitz, and the vendor couldn't go home until after the game, or he sold out of beer. He was still there when I left at 1:00.
__________________


You are more likely to have a threesome with members of the Japanese women's curling team whilst spinning a plate on your head than you are likely to screw up a batch of JAOM.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

CreamyGoodness is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #1676
MR2Aaron
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Austin
Posts: 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisturbdChemist View Post
Is landshark Jimmy Buffett beer? I think so and its just like carona in clear bottles.
Dunno. It looked a lot like Corona, with a clear bottle.

I had it in this little restaurant in Clute while I was there for field work. The food at the restaurant was awesome, but all they had to drink were BMC and Landshark.
__________________
MR2Aaron is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 07:10 PM   #1677
BigfootCounty
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Rogue Valley, Oregon
Posts: 112
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

bud light platinum

green apple city that beer was rank

__________________
BigfootCounty is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 07:18 PM   #1678
CreamyGoodness
Grows On You Like Yeast
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
CreamyGoodness's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Astoria, NY
Posts: 6,662
Liked 1586 Times on 1118 Posts
Likes Given: 2556

Default

I think I already said Bard's gluten free... not sure...

Also there's a green bottle written in a mystery language at the local craft beer store that tastes like kikoman's soy sauce... really nasty stuff.

__________________


You are more likely to have a threesome with members of the Japanese women's curling team whilst spinning a plate on your head than you are likely to screw up a batch of JAOM.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

CreamyGoodness is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 07:29 PM   #1679
freebeernhotwings
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 6
Default

Blue moon pumpkin, new Belgium's Passion sassion, woodchuck cider, and most of the ridiculous crap dogfish head turns out (like they're show and pioneer spirit though).

__________________
freebeernhotwings is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 07:49 PM   #1680
OfficerMitchel
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tipton, Oklahoma
Posts: 25
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
Was this just demonstrative of your hatred for Schlitz? Why wouldnt you just take the beers and stuff them in your pockets so the poor buzzard could go home?
Because it's very difficult to stuff a 16oz plastic cup filled with beer in my pants.
__________________

Whatever is, is right...Alexander Pope

OfficerMitchel is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What is the WORST beer you have ever had? Hodmokrin General Beer Discussion 69 02-28-2012 02:51 AM
Best / worst commercial beer labels and brewery logos Scooby_Brew General Beer Discussion 26 02-17-2012 08:44 PM
Worst Beer deranged_hermit General Beer Discussion 41 01-26-2012 08:01 AM
Worst Beer Ever? bottlebomber General Beer Discussion 10 06-18-2011 03:38 AM
The worst beer I've ever tasted... nefarious_1_ General Beer Discussion 4 05-16-2011 05:17 PM