Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Worst Commercial Beer You've Ever Had?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2012, 07:05 PM   #1511
knotquiteawake
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 19

fermented toenail clippings thankyouverymuch.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2012, 07:14 PM   #1512
ChickenArise
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrank85 View Post
HA! That reminds me of a buddy that made himself a hot Damn smoothie at a party, he got three drinks out if it and was trying to pawn it off to everyone else. It tasted just like a stick of big red, true story.
In some areas of the country, Big Red is a Soda AND a gum, but they aren't anything alike. The soda is "red cream" flavored, which is to say very sweet and a little bit like cream soda.

Old 01-26-2012, 10:36 PM   #1513
HoppyGilmore
Recipes 

I only read the first 50ish pages but I'm surprised nobody has mentioned a beer from the bad old days of the 1990's

Oregon Raspberry Wheat

holy **** if you think Cherry Wheat is bad (and just about all of you do) that was a terrible beer that everyone at UMASS loved.

Golden Monkey is some pretty foul stuff, but at least it's overpriced.

also, Genny Ice for beer pong may have been the worst decision I've ever made in my life.

someone mentioned Negra Modelo. this is actually one of my new favorites, having just moved to TX. I get the 20oz schooners with two limes at the local mexican place and it's perfect with some enchilladas.

p.s. the new SN Ruthless Rye is amazing (drinking one now)

Old 01-26-2012, 10:43 PM   #1514
HoppyGilmore
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue brew View Post
Every beer I have had by Shipyard has tasted like creamed corn. My friends drink it, but I can't stand the stuff.
their Export Ale (which, I'm not sure was just a clever name or if they tried to stay true to the Export style) used to be one of my all time favorites.

I don't know what the hell happened, but it has gone way down hill. First I got a skunked batch where 3 out of 6 were barely even capped and the taste is just not the same.

I used to get it maybe 4 times a year, but I doubt I'll buy it again. It doesn't even taste like the same beer.

Old 01-26-2012, 10:50 PM   #1515
downtown3641
Recipes 

Liked 89 Times on 41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoppyGilmore

their Export Ale (which, I'm not sure was just a clever name or if they tried to stay true to the Export style) used to be one of my all time favorites.

I don't know what the hell happened, but it has gone way down hill. First I got a skunked batch where 3 out of 6 were barely even capped and the taste is just not the same.

I used to get it maybe 4 times a year, but I doubt I'll buy it again. It doesn't even taste like the same beer.
I have several bottles of Pumpkinhead sitting in my fridge. I didn't bother checking reviews on rate beer and beer advocate before buying. There's no body and it tastes like nothing but cinnamon. It's extremely rare that I pick up a six pack that I can't finish.

Kegged: Dusseldorf Altbier, Mild
Up next: Belgian Wheat/Rye, Kolsch

Old 01-27-2012, 02:06 AM   #1516
jonmohno
Recipes 

Liked 410 Times on 361 Posts
Likes Given: 1193

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtown3641 View Post
I have several bottles of Pumpkinhead sitting in my fridge. I didn't bother checking reviews on rate beer and beer advocate before buying. There's no body and it tastes like nothing but cinnamon. It's extremely rare that I pick up a six pack that I can't finish.
Yeah that was one of the worst pumpkins i had this year,its not you, to me it was like cola. Without the pumpkin spices and stuff it had potential to be a good beer as something else, but it came off like cola.Bad attempt for a drinkable pumpkin ale,but hey differnet strokes for differnet folks,i guess. On the other hand and paradoxily, Smashed Pumpkin brewed by the same brewry Shipyard was probably my favorate,go figure.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:02 AM   #1517
epc071
Recipes 

Wow. Reading back through this thread reminded me of a few times when a friend and I (both underage) had someone buy us beer. We told him just get us something cheap. I had long forgotten what we choked down until just now. Red Dog and King Kobra. We thought the cans were cool. Ruined me from beer for a while.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:17 AM   #1518
GioGomez2010
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Leffe Blonde

I bought a six pack of this once and drank 1. I could not bring myself to finish that crap. Worse taste I had ever seen in a beer. I had to throw the rest away.

Old 01-27-2012, 05:53 AM   #1519
ChessRockwell
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwilson View Post
Grolsch, the only beer I ever poured out while in high school! Nasty! This from a guy that drank .99 cent quarts of Old Milwaukee.
THANK YOU SIR. Knew I wasn't the only one, lol...

Old 01-27-2012, 01:46 PM   #1520
CreamyGoodness
Grows On You Like Yeast
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1608 Times on 1133 Posts
Likes Given: 2668

Really, you hate Grolsch that much? I mean, its not delicious but its not that foul either IMO....

You are more likely to have a threesome with members of the Japanese women's curling team whilst spinning a plate on your head than you are likely to screw up a batch of JAOM.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Quick Reply