Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Worst Commercial Beer You've Ever Had?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2012, 03:02 AM   #1461
JeepBrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Blatz, 1982. Mixed bag though. It was awful but I could buy lots of it. After the first one I didn't care as long as I kept it really cold.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2012, 03:14 AM   #1462
Unibrow
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Rolling Rock is nectar of the gods compared to some Sam Adams fruit beers, and Natty light

I'm trying to catalog every brew online so I don't have to keep notes all over the house. Check it out on my blog site below:

http://brewzak.wordpress.com/

Old 01-14-2012, 04:40 AM   #1463
spak
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Bud Light Chelada. The worst thing ever, and I only had a sip in college and I still remember it. As far as craft goes, the worst was a 2008 bottle of DFH Fort. Tasted like raspberry juice and grain alcohol. Don't know went wrong there, but every other Dogfish Beer I ever have had has been enjoyable.

Next Up: Belgian IPA?
Primary: none
Secondary 1: none
Secondary 2: none
Bottles: Export Stout, Belgian Wit IPA, Belgian Blonde, Columbus/Simcoe IPA, Nelson/Sorachi Saison, Cinnamon/Orange zest spiced Dunkelweizen

Old 01-14-2012, 04:46 AM   #1464
weirdboy
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 429 Times on 350 Posts
Likes Given: 60

I won't even try Chelada. I hate tomato juice (and bloody marys) so the thought of mixing that with beer just makes me avoid it like the plague.

I suppose one of these days I will end up judging fruit beers or vegetable/spice beers in some competition, and end up with a tomato beer....

Old 01-14-2012, 05:11 AM   #1465
Frankiesurf
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Anything that came out of the trunk of my brothers 70 Chevelle had the opportunity to be the worst beer ever. It all depended on the seasons. If it was late fall / early spring you had a chance at beer that hadn't undergone either freezing or extremely hot temps.

Barring that it has to be anything Michelob. I don't understand wht they are still in business. Somehow regular Michelob gave me the squirts every time I drank it and that was from bottles.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:19 AM   #1466
JDSanders
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdboy
I won't even try Chelada. I hate tomato juice (and bloody marys) so the thought of mixing that with beer just makes me avoid it like the plague.

I suppose one of these days I will end up judging fruit beers or vegetable/spice beers in some competition, and end up with a tomato beer....
Down here in southern New Mexico they drink that crap like it is going out of style. Nothing is better than going to a buddies house only to be offered a beer and getting a chelada!

Old 01-14-2012, 05:23 AM   #1467
ChessRockwell
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 23

I'm going to have to go with Grolsch. I bought a four pack for the nice swing top bottles, and I'll never do that again. Absolutely the most disgusting beer I can imagine drinking. I seriously poured the remaining 3 down the drain. Actually it was the toilet, since I was worried the smell might come up from my sink when I was trying to cook food. And this is from someone who spent most of my early 20's drinking King Cobra 40's, and Mickey's when I had a little more cash. I've even FINISHED a Steel Reserve 40 once, and I'd do that again before I'd drink a Grolsch.

Last edited by ChessRockwell; 01-14-2012 at 05:47 AM.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:45 AM   #1468
Garth_86
Recipes 

Kokanee from Alberta. Its crap.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:36 AM   #1469
Garth_86
Recipes 

Really what was it about grolsch? I actually don't think its too bad

Coming Soon: Pumpkin Ale (after season but i love it)
Primary:
Secondary: Honeybear Honey Ale
Kegged: Alberta Brown, Espresso Stout, Cass-A-Wheat

Old 01-14-2012, 06:48 AM   #1470
emjay
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1714 Times on 1602 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth_86
Really what was it about grolsch? I actually don't think its too bad
Wasn't me who made that post, but I agree. With both of you.

He indicated they were the swing-top bottles. Those happen to be green. Why some brewers put beer that gets exported across the Atlantic into green bottles is beyond me, but the result is an inevitable skunk bomb. Same thing with Pilsener Urquell and Heineken - the latter makes me snicker every time a douchebag drinking the stuff (typically straight from the bottle) refer to themselves a beer snob, almost inevitably as part of a complaint about how they are "too" picky about beer.

But if it's from a can (and I assume the same for draught), it's alright. Certainly not horrible. Although of the three main euro-skunks I mentioned, Pilsener Urquell is the most notable - pretty much just as bad as the others when bottled, but when it's from a can or a keg that's reasonably fresh, it's actually a fantastic beer.

Quick Reply