Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Worst Commercial Beer You've Ever Had?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2011, 06:23 AM   #1371
flyingfinbar
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I've had a love/hate relationship with Steel Reserve for quite awhile. When I was touring in a band and had next to no cash, it was what I drank when I got home. A few 24's, some fights on PPV, and some buddies to catch up with made for a fun night!

Those days have passed, and now, when I catch a whiff of old Steelie, it sorta makes me sick...like real sick, haha. I tried to drink it again recently, and I truly couldn't stomach it.

I also tried some Harpoon winter warmer the other night... Now, don't get me wrong, I'd never compare it to Steel Reserve, but it was pretty nasty. Overly malty, borderline cloying sweetness, with an obnoxious artificial spice overtone.... Definitely disappointed.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2011, 08:59 AM   #1372
Swifty
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 75

I'd have to say Fat Cat was the worst I've ever had. I love the can, but it's dreadful..

Old 12-07-2011, 12:53 PM   #1373
downtown3641
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 91 Times on 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsmith82
I don't mind pbr, just another cheapo corn beer, there's a couple bars around me that keep it on tap after it regained popularity out of nowhere.

Heres a good use for it:

12oz PBR
2 packets zesty italian dressing mix
2 jars peperoncinis - juice, peppers and all
3lbs beef roast

Throw it in the crockpot and forget about it for 8 or more hours. Should shred on its own when done, serve it on buns with a white cheese. Gooooooood stuff!
I do a very similar recipe minus the beer and dressing mix.

Kegged: Dusseldorf Altbier, Mild
Up next: Belgian Wheat/Rye, Kolsch

Old 12-07-2011, 12:57 PM   #1374
downtown3641
Recipes 

Liked 91 Times on 42 Posts

Cave Creek's Chili,Beer would have to be the most undrinkable. Though, I guess I couldn't call it bad. I'm sure it's a fine example of what it is meant to be. The worst would have to be Shipyard's Pumpkinhead. There's no body and no malt backbone to speak of; just an overwhelming artificial cinnamon flavor.

Kegged: Dusseldorf Altbier, Mild
Up next: Belgian Wheat/Rye, Kolsch

Old 12-07-2011, 01:02 PM   #1375
spazzy
Recipes 

Wild Blue, I picked one up in a mixer 6er and the label drew my eye. It tasted like steel reserve mixed with blueberry abomination. Hands down the worst beer ever

Old 12-07-2011, 02:02 PM   #1376
Cheshire_Cat
Recipes 

Another nod to Crazy Horse. Got some at party as I "secret santa" gift. Was pretty pleased since I was under 21. The stuff is vile. I think I saw it at the liqure store for $1.99 for a 40. Old E is up there, my college roommates go to favorite. Lastly the plain wrap beer my friends bought for a big party. Even at 17 when I thought coors light and bud dry where the best thing since sliced bread I couldn't get that stuff down.

Old 12-08-2011, 06:01 AM   #1377
porterguy
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bierhaus15 View Post
Well, Leinikeugels berry wheat fruit-loops beer or whatever it was called. F-ing worst beer in history.
Fixed- the only beer I ever poured 5 out of 6 down the drain. My sister-in-law brought them and had (part of) one. After trying to give them away to guests for six months, we finally decided it was a waste of space and dumped them.

"Is that a real poncho or is that a Sears poncho?" -Frank Zappa

Old 12-08-2011, 12:17 PM   #1378
PanzerBanana
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts

There are two for me. That one Chili beer that has the pepper in it. Nasty just tastes and smells like pickles.

The other would be Sam Adams' Blackberry Witbeir. Tastes like perfume to the point that it even has a soapy character. *blech* And I actually like flower flavored things. Though after it sat for a couple of months it did become more palatable.

Old 12-08-2011, 04:07 PM   #1379
ajbram
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts

A couple years ago, I was invited to a party at my supervisor's house. Apparently her church had had some sort of charity event that they had several kegs of beer at, and she had graciously volunteered to take the leftover, untapped keg home. At her party, we had all brought beer, not knowing that she intended to surprise her employees with a keg, so we left it untapped. When my supervisor went on vacation 3 days later, I inherited the still untapped keg ("Here, you're Canadian, so you probably know what to do with this"). Free keg of beer? Hell yes, I know what to do with that. Unbeknownst to me, it was Miller Light. And by this point it had been unrefrigerated in Florida for the better part of a month. I brought it home, put it in a barrel of ice, invited some friends over, put hockey on TV, got out a bunch of pint glasses and prepared to do what one would do with a free keg of beer.... Long story short - after choking down 3-4 hard-fought pints apiece, we put about 3/4 of the keg down the drain and bought a case or 2 of Newcastle...

Moral of the story: There is no such thing as a free keg of beer.

Old 12-09-2011, 11:38 PM   #1380
nrock74
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Most people like it but I absolutely cannot stand Fat Tire!!

Quick Reply