Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Worst Commercial Beer You've Ever Had?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2011, 02:07 AM   #1031
Jsmith82
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Go ahead and put this one up there haha.. Found this gem at Walgreens, 2.99 a sixer. I made a deal with a buddy that if we find any sixer for under 3 bucks during this summer, we have to buy it. I wonder if they will buy the 5 pack back?

Big Flats Premium Light. Thumbs down.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2011, 03:37 AM   #1032
aerialmedical
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsmith82

Big Flats Premium Light. Thumbs down.
Oh yeah, that good 'ole Big Flats Walgreen's is pushing on the world....sad, sad, sad...it was funny, today my father said he had picked up the sixer of Big Flats and enjoyed 'em. Send me your 5 pack, J - I'll pass 'em on to the old man.

Old 07-31-2011, 03:43 AM   #1033
LVBen
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phunhog View Post
A friend gave me a bottle of Double Take Brewing Co. IPA.....awful....just plain awful. No hop flavor, aroma, or anything. The bitterness is super harsh and almost painful. I think it is like 5 bucks for a sixer so that explains it.
I've got a few of those sitting in my fridge. I bought them for a few weeks ago (had never heard of it before, so I decided to try a six-pack.)

I wouldn't call it the worst beer I've ever had, but the bottles are still undrinken for a reason.

Old 07-31-2011, 04:26 AM   #1034
Cosper123
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Sam Adams Rustic Saisen.

I read through a lot of these and don't get the Sam Adams hate. The Sam Adams Light for example...had no flavor but hardly the worst. The Summer Ale was something that wasn't really that bad...Starting to think people just have it out for Sam Adams with offerings like that compared to various other possble worsts. But this Rustic S!@# is hard to drink. It tastes like Satan ate a bunch of jasmine and then pissed it out...then drank that and pissed it out again.

Old 07-31-2011, 04:54 AM   #1035
mrduna01
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosper123
Sam Adams Rustic Saisen.

I read through a lot of these and don't get the Sam Adams hate. The Sam Adams Light for example...had no flavor but hardly the worst. The Summer Ale was something that wasn't really that bad...Starting to think people just have it out for Sam Adams with offerings like that compared to various other possble worsts. But this Rustic S!@# is hard to drink. It tastes like Satan ate a bunch of jasmine and then pissed it out...then drank that and pissed it out again.
I enjoyed it!

Old 07-31-2011, 05:15 AM   #1036
SoxFan33
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMiner View Post
Steel Reserve or Milwaukee's Best ICE
I second that on the Steel Reserve. Drank it once (it was $1 for a 20oz can or something like that) and it gave me terrible heartburn for 2 days afterward. Never had that happen with any other beer. Stuff is awful.

Old 07-31-2011, 05:18 AM   #1037
chumpsteak
Recipes 

Liked 93 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin_hubbell View Post
New Belgium Mothership... it sticks out in my mind for being horrible.
Agreed. I love NB beers, but the Mothership Wit is horrible. Tastes like sucking on a clove. I thought the pack I got was broke, but apparently it's supposed to taste like that? Ugh.

Old 07-31-2011, 05:30 AM   #1038
emjay
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1714 Times on 1602 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Dominus Vobiscum Blanche

It's a wit I tried yesterday... first drainpour in ages. And yet it's 91st %ile on ratebeer, and 98th for style. Those people must be frigging sheep, as this beer was objectively awful, NOT a bad batch - the problem was due entirely to a disgusting overuse of coriander. I actually like coriander in many beers, but the intensity was beyond identifiable (which is bad enough), and to the point where I might as well have just chewed on a fistful of the stuff. Gross.

Old 07-31-2011, 06:11 AM   #1039
LVBen
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumpsteak View Post
Agreed. I love NB beers, but the Mothership Wit is horrible. Tastes like sucking on a clove. I thought the pack I got was broke, but apparently it's supposed to taste like that? Ugh.
I'm glad I'm not the only one.

NB Mothership Wit is one of the only commercial beers that I've ever had to dump!

Old 07-31-2011, 02:11 PM   #1040
brick
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

A local brewery had just opened up last fall, and I was given a sixer of their oaked oktoberfest. To date this is the only beer that I have been truly unable to drink, and I tried fully five times over several months thinking it might mellow. I understand the oak thing but this was like sucking on splinters. Malt and hops were undetectable behind that astringent mess. I can't fathom how the brewmaster achieved that, nevermind decided to put it on the shelves.

Quick Reply