Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Worst brew day Ever!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2008, 02:53 AM   #1
jacksonbrown
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default Worst brew day Ever!

Like all good "worst ever" stories, things started out well. I was a couple point up on my SG into the boiler. I had gotten a new speaker system for the iPod so I finally have something to listen to while brewing. And about 10 min into the boil I go to take the trash out and the door doesn't shut completely behind me. Our foster dog, Buster, took his shot, made his move and ran to the hills. I chased after him around a corner but by the time I got there he was nowhere to be seen. I spent over an hour looking for him to no avail. I notified our rescue coordinator and she's keeping an eye out at the shelters. I'm making up sign now to put up tomorrow. I just hope someone found him and took him in for the night.

Primary: German Alt
Bottled: Kolch, German Hefeweizen
On tap: 60/- Light Scottish Ale

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2008, 02:57 AM   #2
BrianP

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Man, that sucks. I hope you find him.

Cheers,

BP

-------------------------------
Fermenter 1: Best bitter (1)
Fermenter 2: Best bitter (2)
Fermenter 3: APA
Fermenter 4: APA

Old 07-13-2008, 04:16 AM   #3
html034

Recipes 

so, did you finish the batch?

"I have striven not to laugh at human actions, not to weep at them, nor to hate them, but to understand them."
Baruch Spinoza

Old 07-13-2008, 04:34 AM   #4
eriktlupus

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

so html034 are you a year round resident there on drummond?

i clicked this thinking that i'd read about the mill drill breaking then the mlt cracking then a stuck sparge and finally a massive messy boilover

as a dog lover i do hope ya find your friend but if not i've got some puppies

primary1 :UTOPIA BABY(still searching for it)
secondary:middling bastard ipa
kegged:simcoe blonde, crystal pale ale, yellow jacket golden ale, lemon shandy blonde
DRINKIN DAWG BREWERY
LET'S GO RED WINGS

join michigan mashers here

extraction calculator
grains in pounds(G) X 36(average points per gallon of grains) / batch size in gallons(g) = maximum efficiency(ME)
OG / ME = brewhouse efficiency

Old 07-13-2008, 01:50 PM   #5
jacksonbrown
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Hooray! Buster came home! Around 3 am I woke up because I could hear him whining from outside. I can't believe he was out for 9.5 hours and no one picked him up. Good thing I decided to sleep with the windows open and no AC.
htl034, yes, I did finish the brew. I did a lot of my walking around the neighborhood while the wort was boiling. Came back to take it off the heat and let it cool in an ice bath so I had more time to search.
Yeayy!!

Primary: German Alt
Bottled: Kolch, German Hefeweizen
On tap: 60/- Light Scottish Ale

Old 07-13-2008, 02:24 PM   #6
Evan!

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 1

That's awesome news...one of our dogs will do the same thing if he's out without a leash-take off. We live in a residential area so it's dicey because of all the traffic. We usually find him waltzing around the neighborhood somewhere, but he did get out once when we were on vacation and the inlaws were watching them. They searched for hours and didn't find him...then when they got back to the house, he was sitting by the door waiting. That's always the best feeling, when they come back.

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Old 07-13-2008, 04:30 PM   #7
Eskimo Spy
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

That's good news, we went through the same thing, except both of our dogs got out about three years ago. We found them within the hour, but a stupid neighborhood kid spooked them and we could only catch one. The other came home about 10 hours later, we left the garage door open and she came scratching!

One of the dogs we lost that night had to be put to sleep this week, he had cancer...

I'm glad you found your dog, sorry to be a downer!

Quick Reply