I decided to give family members some homebrew for Christmas. I Figured I had better get on the stick. Brewing Orfy's Hobgoblin and coming down to the end of the boil.
Wow 65% Efficiency!!!
I have been getting my grains at the LHBS (typically about 72%) This time I got them online... I can't wait until I get my grain mill.
My efficiency dropped with a change of grain and supplier.
Luckily I kind of overestimated the grain needed. Mainly because the recipe was made at 80% efficiency (scared me a little). I only missed the OG by .002 (on the low side).
Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good.
<EDIT> I had the SG wrong.
I just tapped my first Orfy's Hobgoblin last night. Man that's a good beer.
That is what I wanted to hear!!!
I corrected my SG... wow big difference