Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Will warming cold beer affect conditioning

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2009, 03:38 AM   #1
Scut_Monkey
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts

Default Will warming cold beer affect conditioning

I realize that allowing cold beer to warm to room temp and then recooled will not affect flavor (under normal circumstances). My question is that from this past weekend I have a chilled six pack of beer left over that has only bottle conditioned 2.5 weeks. I realize that the beer would benefit with a longer bottle conditioning time and I am wondering if the yeast that were chilled will have difficulty when it gets back to room temp. My instinct tells me it will be just fine but just thought I would see if anyone had experience with this. It's always easiest to learn from others fortunes and failures!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2009, 05:17 PM   #2
ifishsum
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

I should work, if you're looking for a little more carbonation you may want to gently roll the bottles to re-rouse the yeast. I've done it before when I didn't have quite the carbonation level I wanted, pulled them out to room temp for a couple more weeks and they definitely improved.

Primary 2: Edwort's Robust Porter
Secondary 1: LW Pale Ale
Secondary 1: Blackened Soul RIS
Kegged: Dead Guy Ale
Kegged: Rye Pale Ale
Kegged: Haus Pale Ale
Kegged: Nut Brown Ale
Kegged: Afrikan Amber
Kegged: Jock Scott Ale
Kegged: Afrikan Amber

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply