New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Will it fit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 10:48 AM   #1
dietz31684
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default Will it fit

Here is a picture of a ball lock in my kegerator, it's just a run of the mill old Kenmore with the fake wood theme goin' on. It's disconnected for cleaning right now while the pipeline is fermenting away. I've had 2 ball locks for a year and they're great but I can't put any more kegs in because of this bump at the rear of the fridge on top. I recently acquired 2 more ball locks and figured that I'll just use them to naturally carbonate so when one keg kicks I can just chill another and be back in action. Then I was looking around on here and saw a thread where someone with a very fridge similar to mine said that they used 2 pin locks to fit under that bump. The minimum height is 24" dead on. So here's my question to all of you with pin lock kegs. Would a pin lock with connections fit in the 24" clearance that I have? Sorry for the sideways pics and thanks.

PS: I don't mind hacking the handle if I have to. I have flare connectors on my lines so interchanging lines won't be a problem, I'll just have to buy some pin locks and trade the 2 new kegs.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2012, 02:42 PM   #2
Chrisl77
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I am pretty sure pin lock kegs are 23" tall and looking at the pic from this site the connectors are offset from the center both on one side, so it might work.

That said pin lock kegs are 1" fatter then ball lock so make sure the depth and width of the fridge can handle that.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply