Why the in fighting ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with all of the above. You get some of the most genuinely helpful people on here. Everyone seems to be willing to help out with minimal comments calling people 'noobs'. Usually its people calling themselves them. You will find that our fellow HBTers are patient and understanding because we all remember when we started out and how intimidating all of what we do was. Heck and still is. I think the creative "I wonder if..." part of us makes us more understanding of other peoples wonderings?

I have noticed a slight increase in hostility in some of the longer running and fun threads recently, but for the most part it stays out of the threads where people ask questions or tell of their experiences. Just whatever you do, do not start up the BIAB/traditional AG, or explain how you make prison wine, and are wondering how to step up production to start marketing it. Especially if you are only 14.

LOL - this place is very nice, polite...and informative

try starting a "how to carry a gun while riding" thread on a mountain biking forum...or even a wheel size thread

it gets ugly fast.

I remember some threads on mtbr about carrying while riding. Man that place gets nuts. And if you aren't riding the newest Elsworth with x0 everything you're not a "real mt biker"

I like this forum because I have more I'm common with most posters than any other forum I've been a member of. The thing about homebrewing is its more of a lifestyle than a hobby for a lot of us.

I'm a hobby horse, and I'm a member of multiple forums from paintball, to jeeps, mt bikes, rock climbing. I've since left most of those forums, but this one is different, the people are genuine, the knowledge is vast, and it's not uncommon to see people with 6trillion posts answering questions as silly as "why hasn't my beer carbonated it's been in the fridge for 3 weeks?" Without snark or without the intent of patronizing. But offering legitimate concern and sharing their experiences including the blunders they had as beginners.

:mug: to HBT.

Back