Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Why is everyone not doing this?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2010, 10:28 PM   #71
jgln
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 53 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbartsch View Post
I beleive people who drink Pi$$ light beer enjoy Pi$$ light beer and not much else. Give them a good beer and they say they prefer light beer.

How all this got started is a mistery. Travel to Euro-land and you will not see much Pi$$ light beer. America and Asia is loaded with Pi$$ light beer, however.

Since brewing light beer is beyond many craftsman brewers, it is not a real option for light beer drinkers, anyway; right?
Not really true. Not sure how long you have been a member here but many of us enjoy both. I for one am one of them. I recently brewed and sampled a few funky sour beers and I really, really like them but my regular drinking beer is Natural Light. I guess one reason is I like drinking beer but I don't want to get wasted and NL seems to do the trick for me. Most beers not described as pi$$ are usually a bit to a lot stronger in alcohol, usually. I also don't see the sense in putting all the time and effort into brewing a beer that would be gone in a week or two so I buy my pi$$ beer.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2010, 11:58 PM   #72
billvon
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmajon View Post
Why is everyone not doing this?
I think the main reasons would be time, effort and cost. If you don't really like beer, it's a big investment of time and money.

Old 08-19-2010, 12:10 AM   #73
badmajon
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beernip View Post
The only hobby that I have enjoyed the end results of more than brewing is sex.
That's questionable, hahaha! No, really, I love my kids though!

Old 08-19-2010, 12:12 AM   #74
wildwest450
Recipes 

Liked 166 Times on 151 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
As with the majority of my hobbies I want something physical out of it. Golf is nice but at the end of the day I'm $40 down and just walked a lot and have a meaningless number to show for it. I do woodworking and have some nice furniture to show for it. I scuba and bring home tons of fresh seafood. With brewing I can enjoy my labors for weeks after it's done or share them at a party. The only hobby that I have enjoyed the end results of more than brewing is sex.
To be fair, who likes the end result of sex? Two sweaty people trying to avoid a big wet spot in the middle of the bed.

Old 08-19-2010, 12:22 AM   #75
dozer217
Recipes 

Because unlike most on these boards you have to really have a passion for something to take the time to make it a hobbie and most people don't have a passion for beer. They may enjoy a cold one and may even prefer to go to the local brew pub than just drink the BMC but that doesn't translate into passion for beer. Most of the people who frequent these a any other chat board are about 5% of the people who are interested in whatever it is, beer, sports, gamine etc.

Time is another huge factor, people work longer and harder than ever and to do a hobby that requires a 4-6 hour comittment is big when factoring in the other things one can do that are fun for them, through a family into the mix and it just gets worse.

Old 08-19-2010, 12:54 PM   #76
sudsmcgee
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 49 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
As with the majority of my hobbies I want something physical out of it. ... The only hobby that I have enjoyed the end results of more than brewing is sex.
You enjoy STD's? Just kidding, kids are great.

Old 08-21-2010, 11:41 PM   #77
bigbadjoe
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YooperBrew View Post
I agree, brewing is awesome! But I could ask "Why is everyone not doing this?" about all of my hobbies.

I make my own cheese and yogurt. I make my own soap. My soap is terrific, and it costs pennies per bar. My yogurt was cheap, too. My chevre is about 1/4 the cost of the store bought. My wines are even cheaper- since the fruit is free.

Many hobbies are fun, but don't produce anything. Like golf, for instance. But brewing is a hobby that is not only fun to do but has a great end result- BEER! I guess some people just don't think of it the same way.
is soap making dificult? would you share or pm a process?

Old 08-22-2010, 01:59 AM   #78
Starderup
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwest450 View Post
To be fair, who likes the end result of sex? Two sweaty people trying to avoid a big wet spot in the middle of the bed.
Use a towel, Brainiac!!!!

<priceless quote>My dog dropped his bone in my fermentor while I wasn't looking.</end quote>

Old 08-22-2010, 02:00 AM   #79
Starderup
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadjoe View Post
is soap making dificult? would you share or pm a process?
Golf is neither a sport or a hobby. I can't believe there are enough bored people in the world to watch it on tv, yet it won't go away.
Sorry, Tiger. Fail.

<priceless quote>My dog dropped his bone in my fermentor while I wasn't looking.</end quote>

Quick Reply

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS