why does this always happen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colorowdy

Reaction score
Every time I dry hop. I dry hopped last Sunday planning on bottling this Sunday or Monday. But life threw me a curve. I can bottle Saturday or two weeks from now. Just frustrated it is my first all grain and I nailed everything else.

Definitely go with Saturday. 5-7 day dry hop is perfect in my opinion. 2 weeks and you might pull out some grassy flavors. I know how you feel, life can definitely get in the way of brewing sometimes!

Wow, months? Is that in a chilled keg or room temperature fermenter? Why do you dry hop for so long?

Months in a keg. Normally dry hop for a couple weeks or so in the fermenter, then add more to the leg that stay there until the keg kicks. Typically 2-3 months. I've found that grassy, vegetal flavors seem to be much more dependent on the variety of hops used thaem the length of time. British and continental hops are the worst. I can't recall ever having problems with domestic varieties, and I've dry hopped hundreds of batches.

Latest posts

Back