Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Why do all grain when LME/DME & Partial Grain so EASY?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2012, 03:24 AM   #81
iambeer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 158 Times on 121 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddiggie View Post
With some people I do wonder...

Why cook when you can just order out, get delivery, etc...

Brewing (and cooking great food) takes effort, skill, and some capital which counteracts the whole 'cheap' factor.

But it's satisfying.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 04:18 AM   #82
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 477 Times on 420 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambeer View Post
Brewing (and cooking great food) takes effort, skill, and some capital which counteracts the whole 'cheap' factor.

But it's satisfying.
I started to help my father cook when I was about 8. When I was 14, I was cooking full meals for myself, mother, and sister (when she was home from college). That's when my father was getting our new house ready and while we sold the old one (moved from MA to FL *shudder*). So, if you count age 14 as the time when I was regularly cooking, I've been doing it for over 28 years. Since I learned from my father, I didn't use recipes, or at least not ones made by others. Even out/his recipes are very broad in measure. It was always more 'fly by the seat of your pants' type deal with him, so then me. I've had more than a few people tell me I should open a restaurant. Like I want THAT kind of headache. I've worked at a few, so I have an idea of what the management aspect [alone] is like. No thanks.

Basically, for me, it comes down to both cooking and brewing are fun. Plus, I use them as creative outlets. I doubt I would feel this way if I didn't have the time cooking with my father growing up.

BTW, my nephew also really likes to cook. I'm hoping that, one day, he'll also get into brewing.

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply