Who's Brewing On Turkey Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigchilla77

Reaction score
I've been out of the brewing game for about a year, but out of the blue my dad asked if id be interested in brewing some on Thanksgiving morning. Everyday since I have woken up with a renewed vigor to brew beer. This year the burner will not be used for frying turkey, but for brewing delicious delicious beer. Anyone else using this gluttonous holiday as an excuse to brew?

I am positive if I weren't visiting family I'd be brewing on Thanksgiving Day. I'll just have to wait til Friday.

All by my lonesome on Thursday, so I'm brewing two brews: an American Amber Ale and a heavy Trappist style beer.

I'm going to brew Friday and maybe again on Saturday...I was looking to do a group brew, but it appears that is falling through..

I know I'm probably going to do a PM IPA...and I may do a small batch of Poor RIchard's ale..

I'm planning a brew on Friday and another on Saturday. I'm thinking an ESB for Friday and a Wit for Saturday. SWMBO's been on my ass to make her another batch. :D

I am going to get up early and brew before all the shinanigans start. Planning on brewing my first lager. :rockin:

I was looking to do a group brew, but it appears that is falling through..

Sounds like it did fall through. If there is some more interest let me know. I was thinking about brewing on Friday but it's so damn cold.

I'm going to brew Friday and maybe again on Saturday...

IF I get my Burner welded up today, I'm echoing Revvy here.
I'll be doing a Centennial Blond on Friday, and West Coast Pale on Saturday...or Friday Evening...depending on how it goes.
I'll be bottling both, as I've got a back log on kegs right now, and it'd be 3 or 4 months before either one hit the taps.

Sounds like it did fall through. If there is some more interest let me know. I was thinking about brewing on Friday but it's so damn cold.

I USUALLY don't ***** about not having a house....But if I did have one, I'd invite people over....I appreciate Henry's Offer, but I don't feel like driving 90 minutes if it's just gonna be the two of us...in the winter that is...

If there was going to be several of us going that'd be fine...

Or someone more local to all of us...

Well, I'll be brewing up a some of the Project 10der & done for a party on the 15th. If my black porter will ever finish fermenting (free up the ferm) I'll do this as a 10g.

I plan on cooking a turkey and prepping for a black friday brew session.

15 gallons of Wounded Knee IPA.

I may be brewing Friday. I haven't been brewing for a few months so I guess now would be the time to get back going. Nothing like a lazy Friday. Eat leftovers, brew beer, put up the xmas tree.

I will hopefully be brewing a ten gal hefeweizen on T day morning. I don't have to go anywhere as my family is spread out over the Land so I will take it easy and enjoy the hobby I am most thankful for.

No brewing, but a lot of maintenance this weekend... Tonight or tomorrow morning, I'll be transferring my doppelbock to 2ndary and stowing it in the kegerator for the next 6 weeks. Friday, I'll cold brew some Kona blend for Saturday or Sunday, when I'll be bottling my coffee stout.

My in-laws will be coming up Thursday night so that my wife and MiL can go Black Friday shopping at the a$$-crack of dawn. I was thinking of taking FiL down to Troegs around lunchtime and then watch the Flyers with him.

Going to play hockey late Friday night and early Sunday morning.

I did two batches last week. No brewing on Thursday, but I've got a Wee Heavy on deck for Saturday. Teaching a few folks from SWMBO's running club how to brew.

IF I get my Burner welded up today, I'm echoing Revvy here.
I'll be doing a Centennial Blond on Friday, and West Coast Pale on Saturday...or Friday Evening...depending on how it goes.
I'll be bottling both, as I've got a back log on kegs right now, and it'd be 3 or 4 months before either one hit the taps.

Centennial blonde....hmmmmmmm

I have to brew me up another batch asap....by the weekend mine will be all gone...

I settled on my recipes...a PM IPA, modded from one of the recipes here...and a 2.5 gallon batch of the Poor Richard's Ale, that was the big brewday recipe a couple years back...supposed to theoretically be an extrapolation of a Colonial Recipe. I got my recipe from David_42.

My SWMBO left went to her sisters early (I'm following tomorrow morning) so tonight I'm on my own. Perfect excuse to brew. Planning a Roggenbier. Received the yeast in the mail yesterday and made a starter last night. Unfortunately the 5# bag I thought was Munich was actually crystal-40 so I will have to use Maris Otter for most of the base barley malt. I think it will still turn out well.

Craig

Well for me I think I'll do Bo-Pils of sorts I have been mulling over in my mind.

Just have to keg a couple of lagers and bottle a couple of ales Friday and Saturday to make some room.

Looks like I will have a friend to assist me tomorrow to brew. My family is celebrating turkey day friday, and so is my buddies. I had surgery on my elbow on Tuesday, so there is no way I could do it without help. I will be brewing up a batch of my ag simple minded ale.

Back