Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Who's brewing today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2007, 01:19 PM   #1
drummer3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Default Who's brewing today!

SWMBO is at work and I've got the house to myself. After a short workout on the drums it's time to brew the first beer of the year, a new years beer. I'm going with a pale ale
Who's brewing what?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2007, 01:26 PM   #2
djamwolfe
Recipes 

I brewed a SNPA clone yesterday -- but I plan on starting a wine kit today i have laying around.

MMMMM Koelsh
SNPA Clone
Bastard Wheat
Choco Oatmeal Stout
Getting Ready:
Steam Beer

Old 01-01-2007, 01:30 PM   #3
JimiGibbs
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

If the rain clears out, which it is supposed to this afternoon, I'm doing a Brown Ale. First brew of the New Year...

Old 01-01-2007, 01:34 PM   #4
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

Liked 378 Times on 311 Posts
Likes Given: 100

I was thinking about it, but the HBS I went to yesterday was closed (not my usual store, they only close two or three days a year). Does it make any sense for a HBS to close on a Sunday? That's when everybody is brewing! Hell, you need a day off, what about a Tuesday?

My little pet peeve - stores that are closed during the exact time that their product or services are most in need. That's why I don't feel bad that the crappy little hardware store is slowly dying as a result of Home Despot.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

That'll do, Pigley. That'll do.

Old 01-01-2007, 01:38 PM   #5
Evets
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 149 Times on 73 Posts
Likes Given: 99

I brewed a Maibock yesterday.

Old 01-01-2007, 01:58 PM   #6
McCall St. Brewer
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird
I was thinking about it, but the HBS I went to yesterday was closed (not my usual store, they only close two or three days a year). Does it make any sense for a HBS to close on a Sunday? That's when everybody is brewing! Hell, you need a day off, what about a Tuesday?

My little pet peeve - stores that are closed during the exact time that their product or services are most in need. That's why I don't feel bad that the crappy little hardware store is slowly dying as a result of Home Despot.
I'm sure with you on that one. I used to have to work every Saturday, and if I wanted to fix anything around the house, that left a little time on Saturday afternoons, but mostly it meant Sunday. Before places like Home Depot came around, the local hardware stores were only open until 2 P.M. on Saturdays and most were closed on Sundays. Of course I would always discover I needed something about 5 minutes before they closed.

I wouldn't want to own a LHBS, but it I did, I suspect being open on Sunday would be a good idea.

Old 01-01-2007, 02:37 PM   #7
drummer3
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

I agree with you about store hours, Bird. That is like an auto parts store closed any weekend day. That's when I work on my vehicles. I don't agree about the hardware stores though, I get good advice and customer satisfaction at the mom and pop places. I HATE home depot. Whenever I've been there the same question keeps coming to mind...Why do I keep coming here?

Old 01-01-2007, 02:46 PM   #8
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

Liked 378 Times on 311 Posts
Likes Given: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer3
I agree with you about store hours, Bird. That is like an auto parts store closed any weekend day. That's when I work on my vehicles. I don't agree about the hardware stores though, I get good advice and customer satisfaction at the mom and pop places. I HATE home depot. Whenever I've been there the same question keeps coming to mind...Why do I keep coming here?
Well, the one in particular that I'm thinking about isn't terribly good in that regard. If they WERE, I'd give them business when I could. And, Depots vary in quality - I get great service in the one in my hometown, but the one that's closer to where I live now sucks.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

That'll do, Pigley. That'll do.

Old 01-01-2007, 02:56 PM   #9
runhard
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I've got a busy day but I plan on it this afternoon. I got my hopper done for my Christmas present and I need to pressure test my fermentor that I just finished making from a keg. Next, I need to rack an Irish ale into a keg and then I can begin brewing and with what I have availabe I think it will be my last stout for the winter and then it is time for a couple of lagers and some spring and summer ales.
Y'all have fun now, y'hear.
Jeffrey

Old 01-01-2007, 03:12 PM   #10
autoferret
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I have 2 beers in the secondary and i really do need to brew 2 more beers but i'm leaving in less than a week for a big gig out of state. So no brew for me for a few weeks...

Primary: Local Honey Mead;
Secondary: Merlot;
Keg: "Experimental" American Ale; Kinda Nutty Brown Ale;
Bottled: "Oatie the Oatmeal Stout"; NB Saison; "666" by request; NB 115th Dream hopbursted;EdWort's Apfelwein
Up Coming: Imperial Oatmeal Stout; House IPA

Quick Reply