Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Who here doesnt hate BMC?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2013, 11:19 PM   #1
BeastMaster
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default Who here doesnt hate BMC?

While they arent my favorite beers I still drink BMC products. There are times when it's convenient and even *gasp* enjoyable for me. I play league pool every week and some of the spots we play at dont have much in the way of craft beer and/or the pricing of BMC makes for a decent choice. Also a nice light beer still tastes delicious to me after any strenuous activity for some reason a nice RIS doesn't sound appealing when I am drenched in sweat, where as a Rolling Rock or Budweiser hits the spot.

I'm sure I will get tons of hate from the anti-BMC mafia for this, buy I'm ok with that. I live in a beer world where everyone gets along and the population of my world seems to be rather sparse.

For those of you who still drink this terrible swill, what do you like and when do you like it?

"I'd like to say I don't drink their beer out of principle, but the truth is, they just make crappy beer."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2013, 11:26 PM   #2
Jipper
Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 2

BeastMaster,

Good luck.

Jipper.

Just kidding. These beers aren't terrible in the absolute perfect environment. Example: Hot day by the pool, and your dumb friend (who doesn't homebrew) has nothing in his / her fridge except for Coors Light. He brings me one, I look at the mountains but am color blind, so can't tell if the beer is cold or not. I open it, have a sip, turns out it was really cold (thanks a lot mountains), and enjoy a refreshing (though flavorless) beer.

They are refreshing, but so is lemonade. I do have the occasional BMC beer, but really try to stick to homebrew or craft whenever possible!

Cheers!

Old 04-17-2013, 11:30 PM   #3
Billy-Klubb
Capt. Floccin' Awesome
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2309 Times on 1517 Posts
Likes Given: 4643

hate is a strong word. I do despise the base, light, and lighter versions though. I do enjoy a PBR on occation though.

There is a difference between pride and arrogance. Which do you hold in your heart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andycr View Post
If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing...

Old 04-17-2013, 11:30 PM   #4
BeastMaster
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jipper View Post
BeastMaster,

Good luck.

Jipper.

Just kidding. These beers aren't terrible in the absolute perfect environment. Example: Hot day by the pool, and your dumb friend (who doesn't homebrew) has nothing in his / her fridge except for Coors Light. He brings me one, I look at the mountains but am color blind, so can't tell if the beer is cold or not. I open it, have a sip, turns out it was really cold (thanks a lot mountains), and enjoy a refreshing (though flavorless) beer.

They are refreshing, but so is lemonade. I do have the occasional BMC beer, but really try to stick to homebrew or craft whenever possible!

Cheers!
lmao

I'm also a little color blind. I always thought the mountains thing was kind of dumb, but a neat marketing idea. I mean really it's an aluminum can you cant touch it and tell that it's cold?

How severe is your color blindness? I just have a mild red-green deficiency.

"I'd like to say I don't drink their beer out of principle, but the truth is, they just make crappy beer."

Old 04-17-2013, 11:36 PM   #5
Hogarthe
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 14 Posts

I like some BMC. I don't like Budwieser/Bud Light, but did enjoy the Budweiser Project 12 variety pack. Miller High Life and Icehouse are options when I'm too cheap to buy something more expensive. Coors and Michelob are quite tasty. I drink Miller Lite when I visit my sister, because that is what is in her fridge. I enjoy most every style of beer, although not every example of the style, and sometimes a BMC type beer is what I want. I have been perfecting my homebrewed american lager, and it gets rave reviews from friends who only drink BMC, but most of it gets drunk by me.

Old 04-17-2013, 11:38 PM   #6
cheesehed007
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 158 Times on 112 Posts
Likes Given: 27

I drink Miller Lite as my week day beer.

Old 04-17-2013, 11:39 PM   #7
BeastMaster
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy-Klubb View Post
hate is a strong word. I do despise the base, light, and lighter versions though. I do enjoy a PBR on occation though.
I see a lot of negativity towards these beers here and while they arent the greatest thing in the world, I believe they have their place. The constant negativity that some would refer to a "beer snobbery" discourages people from trying craft beer IMO.

I was recently at a LHBS and someone came in who obviously had no knowledge of brewing and if I was to guess, little knowledge of craft beer. He asked some EXTREMELY basic questions about homebrewing and then asked if he could replicate a beer like PBR or Coors Light. Instead of taking a reasonable approach and possibly making a sale and/or introducing the idea of trying some more complex brews the employee of the shop scoffed the at guy and made him pretty uncomfortable to the point that he left. I was so impressed by the owners attitude that I left and I wont be returning.

What I'm trying to get at is that while I dont necessarily seek the approval of my friends for my hobby, it does bother me that others make a bad impression for homebrewers as a whole. I can only imagine what the average BMC drinker interested in brewing their own beer must feel like when stumbling across alot of the posts on this site.

Old 04-17-2013, 11:40 PM   #8
Komocabo
Recipes 

Liked 89 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I always have 2 kegs of homebrew on tap and a case of Busch Light tall boys in my kegerator. A 3% abv beer is refreshing after a few homebrews... and It keeps me level during a brew.

And on the eighth day he said "Make beer!"

Old 04-17-2013, 11:41 PM   #9
danorocks17
Recipes 

Liked 42 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 67

I still enjoy drinking High Life. It's the first beer I drank on a regular basis, and I still enjoy it.

"blessing of your heart, you brew a good ale"

Old 04-17-2013, 11:42 PM   #10
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4451 Times on 3240 Posts
Likes Given: 866

I don't have a problem with some BMC.

I have a huge problem with InBev, and the reason I won't buy an InBev product is the same rationale I use for not shopping at Wal-Mart.

It's not the quality of the products that are the issue (although with Wal-Mart, I would say the quality can be sub-par), it's the companies themselves. I will not buy anything from InBev. And that's hard, since they own most of the beer companies/labels in the world.

I'm all for free enterprise, capitalism, and making a profit. But I won't patronize companies that break laws to get their product to market.

I will definitely chug down a cold Miller on a hot day, and if someone offers me a Genny Cream ale, I'll chug that one down also.

I think the BMC makers make a quality product and I will not deny that.

People Like This 

Quick Reply