The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Who got some hopslam?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2012, 11:09 PM   #111
Retrofit
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 806
Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default

The pizza joint around the corner from me has it on tap. Living the dream.

__________________
Retrofit is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2012, 01:55 AM   #112
cdubbaya
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bloomington, MN
Posts: 414
Liked 32 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default

Thought I was getting lucky snagging a sixer on the first release day in Minneapolis. I went to a local brew shop and got one of the last packs they had that day, every store was running out after only hours of announcing Hopslam in stock.

Turns out, every liquor store in the area still has some left. It was in a store across the street from my house, I never knew they had Bell's beer to begin with!

Long story short, I'm stocked. Last year this was all gone after a few days. They must have upped the distribution to MN this year.

__________________
"To Thine Own Self Be Brew" -Shakesbeer

Honey Double IPA
cdubbaya is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2012, 01:59 AM   #113
RosewaterFoundation
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: TX
Posts: 94
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

I managed to get a few as extras in a trade. Solid beer for sure.

__________________
Brewing Blog:http://barleywaterbrewing.wordpress.com/
RosewaterFoundation is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2012, 05:02 AM   #114
MrSpiffy
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 279
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Default

My wife was really sweet and got me some beer for V-day! Hopslam was one of the two, the other was Crooked Tree IPA from Dark Horse. She's a great wife! Now, if only she'd remembered I hate IPAs... lol! At least it's 10% abv!

__________________
MrSpiffy is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2013, 03:24 AM   #115
Hopalong1255
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 7
Likes Given: 7

Default Any Bells Hopslam near Detroit ?

from Berkley, MI (near Detroit)


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found this site trying to locate some 2013 Bells Hopslam Ale. Still haven't found any on Draft or in Bottles. I even emailed Bells and asked them to send another case to a Party Store near me that already sold out of 10 cases. The rep at Bells was rather rude, and just told me to do the stuff that I had already done to find some. No Luck !
Didn't realize a "spring" Ale would already be sold out in the Home State of the Brewery by the end of January !! They're still shipping Hopslam to out of State locations, but I can't get any when I live 3 hours away from the Brewery. Every Bar and Retailer listed on Bells Beer Finder, that I have called is sold out. Anybody have any place near Detroit where I can try some of this Beverage for the very 1st time ?? I would appreciate it very much.

__________________
Hopalong1255 is online now
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2013, 03:26 AM   #116
Ridire
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
 
Ridire's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 2,735
Liked 655 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 309

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopalong1255
from Berkley, MI (near Detroit)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found this site trying to locate some 2013 Bells Hopslam Ale. Still haven't found any on Draft or in Bottles. I even emailed Bells and asked them to send another case to a Party Store near me that already sold out of 10 cases. The rep at Bells was rather rude, and just told me to do the stuff that I had already done to find some. No Luck !
Didn't realize a "spring" Ale would already be sold out in the Home State of the Brewery by the end of January !! They're still shipping Hopslam to out of State locations, but I can't get any when I live 3 hours away from the Brewery. Every Bar and Retailer listed on Bells Beer Finder, that I have called is sold out. Anybody have any place near Detroit where I can try some of this Beverage for the very 1st time ?? I would appreciate it very much.
How far you willing to drive? I have seen it in only place this year, a week or two ago. A small town in St Clair County...Marine City. Tim's Party Store on Parker Street.
__________________
Ridire is offline
Hopalong1255 Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2013, 06:31 PM   #117
Hopalong1255
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 7
Likes Given: 7

Default Thanks !

Yes, I'm willing to drive a bit to grab a 6 or a 12. I'll give Tim's a call before I go though. Thanks ! I was lucky last night in that I had my very 1st Hopslam on tap at Bagger Dave's in Berkley, a 1/2 mile from my house. I've been looking and calling Everywhere. Knocked back a couple, very good, and worth the Hunt. One Eyed Betty's in Ferndale had it on tap, but just ran out on Friday night. Cheers !

__________________
Hopalong1255 is online now
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2013, 10:01 PM   #118
Ridire
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
 
Ridire's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 2,735
Liked 655 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 309

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopalong1255
Yes, I'm willing to drive a bit to grab a 6 or a 12. I'll give Tim's a call before I go though. Thanks ! I was lucky last night in that I had my very 1st Hopslam on tap at Bagger Dave's in Berkley, a 1/2 mile from my house. I've been looking and calling Everywhere. Knocked back a couple, very good, and worth the Hunt. One Eyed Betty's in Ferndale had it on tap, but just ran out on Friday night. Cheers !
I will be up that way early in the week (probably Tuesday). If I think of it, I'll pop into Tim's and see if they still have some on the shelf. I bought six last time I was there but that's probably enough for me this year. Two Hearted is honestly a much better beer, in my opinion.
__________________
Ridire is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2013, 10:06 PM   #119
olz431
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 235
Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default

I've spent 45 on six packs of that stuff in a month, that's 3 six packs.

__________________

Mmmmmmm BEER.
Primary 1: Citrarillo IPA
Primary 2: Big Baltic Porter
Primary 3: Full Nelson Pale Ale
Secondary 1/ Primary 4: Rochefort 9
Primary 5:
Bottled: Zombie Dust, Yoopers House Ale, DFH 90 clone, Two Hearted Ale, Dead Guy, Dundalk Irish Heavy

olz431 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2013, 10:10 PM   #120
Ridire
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
 
Ridire's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 2,735
Liked 655 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 309

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by olz431
I've spent 45 on six packs of that stuff in a month, that's 3 six packs.
The price doesn't bother me on that beer. Despite the word "slam" being in the name, slamming that stuff will lead to a rough night...and rougher morning. Six Hopslams go a long way at my house.
__________________
Ridire is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools