Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Whirlpooling with an Immersion Chiller

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2009, 06:52 AM   #1
Stevorino
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Whirlpooling with an Immersion Chiller

I use Pope Jamil's Whirlpool Immersion Chiller that whirlpools the wort inside of the immersion chiller coil. The problem is that the wort outside of that coil is hardly moving. What do you all do to get a strong whirlpool throughout the entire kettle?

This next batch I'm really going to focus on trying to leave behind as much trub/hop matter as possible.

-Stevorino-_________________________________________
In Keezer:
1. BCS - Wet Hopped West Coast Blaster
2. CYBI - Gordon's IPA Clone
3. BCS - Scottish -80
4. BCS - Specialty Saison (Gold Medal at BMO)
In Process:
1. BCS - Janet's Brown Ale (Fermenting)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2009, 07:16 AM   #2
Scut_Monkey
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts

I have tried the whirlpool technique and I can't get it to work for crap. Besides I can't stand to leave any of the wort behind in the brew kettle. The loss in efficiency kills me. My siphon tube always gets clogged and I never see a pile of debris in the brew kettle to make me think that it worked. Maybe people have better luck using this technique with a drain spout on the brew kettle (my next project)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply