Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Where to go in Boston

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
BertusBrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Where to go in Boston

I will be in Boston in late July and I was hoping for some advice on beer and non-beer related places to check out. Will be there to see Liverpool vs Roma at Fenway and I believe I am staying in a hotel fairly close to Fenway Park. Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2012, 05:38 PM   #2
Pappers_
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 902 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertusBrew
I will be in Boston in late July and I was hoping for some advice on beer and non-beer related places to check out. Will be there to see Liverpool vs Roma at Fenway and I believe I am staying in a hotel fairly close to Fenway Park. Thanks
We had a nice vacation in Boston three years ago. A day trip out to Lexington is worth it, as is the John Adams farm. All the colonial sites were great, for us, you can do a walking tour and see many of them.

Sam Adams tour was fun. A day trip to Cape Cod was very pleasant.

Have a great trip!

Old 06-25-2012, 05:40 PM   #3
shecky
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 3496 Times on 3387 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertusBrew View Post
I'm going to that game, too.

Do the Freedom Trail thing. Touristy, but a must. Honestly, just walking around Boston you're bound to run into plenty of things.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:50 PM   #4
demagxc
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

If you are staying near Fenway I would suggest going to Penguin Pizza in Brigham circle. They have over 20 beers on tap and a huge selection of bottles.plus their pizza is awesome a well.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:06 PM   #5
sweed
Recipes 

Liked 110 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 34

I'm going as well. I used to live in Boston for 5 years for school. Agree w/ shecky, just walking around the Freedom trail/ Faneuil Hall, Newbury St, maybe go on a Boston Harbor cruise? Those are always fun. Walk the Charles River. Boston now has bike rentals on some streets, so you can pick one up, and drop if off when you're done (even at a differnt street location) and just pay with cc I think. So you can see more with those, if you feel like covering more ground and sweating more

Sunset Grill & Tap in Allston is a short T ride from Fenway, has good food and a bunch of beer on tap, or Boston Beer Works at the top of Lansdowne and Brookline (Fenway is across the st.), but that could be packed. Sam Adams in JP (Jamaica Plain). There's another few places in Cambridge, not sure where though.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:50 PM   #6
dcp27
Recipes 

Liked 117 Times on 113 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I'd definitely make your way into Kendall square in Cambridge (Lord Hobo's, Meadhall, and Cambridge Brewing Company) for beer. Publick House in Brookline or Deep Ellum in Allston are also good stops among others. depending on how late in july, you could catch the hophead throwdown at Publick House

Old 06-26-2012, 01:04 AM   #7
BigBeer4All
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweed View Post

Sunset Grill & Tap in Allston is a short T ride from Fenway, has good food and a bunch of beer on tap, .
came here to post this. 112 beers on tap and over 300 bottles. and the food kicks ass.

bottled: belgian single, saison, Mocha porter, Kolsch, Imperial Pils, citrus/melon IPA.

primary: Man Land Shandy.

secondary: belgian tripel(forever)

Old 06-26-2012, 02:51 AM   #8
Ben6L6
Recipes 

Definitely hit Sunset, Lord Hobo, and/or Publick House! Also, Green Street Grill in Central Square has fantastic food and a good beer menu.

Old 06-26-2012, 03:07 AM   #9
pentachris
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by shecky View Post
Do the Freedom Trail thing. Touristy, but a must.
This.

I've been sitting here for a few minutes trying to come up with the best "all-American, roots of the nation" comment to make. I'll just ditto shecky: it's a must.

Old 06-26-2012, 03:18 AM   #10
sully20331
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

As a resident, I would remiss if I didn't mention a tour through Harpoon and Sam Adams breweries. If your by Fenway, go to Boston Beer Works. Other than that, I agree with the others, Sunset, Lord Hobo are great places. If you want the oldest bars in America, they are right along the freedoms trail ( green dragon, bell in hand, oyster house).

Go to newbury st., hit the North End for some Italian, go to the Harbor for Legal Seafoods... Amazing and right next to Harpoon. enjoy the greatest city on the East Coast

Quick Reply