Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > When do you brew your Octoberfest/Marzen?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2010, 11:12 PM   #1
marc06
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default When do you brew your Octoberfest/Marzen?

I finally have the ability to lager, and I am in the planning stages for my first lager the beginning of March. March is the infamous month when the wonderful Octberfest/Marzen is traditionally brewed. I was wondering how many people actually brew their Octoberfest/Marzen in March and waiting to drink it in March? And if you have enough will power, do you store your beer in a keg (cooled?) or bottled?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2010, 11:17 PM   #2
Suthrncomfrt1884
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I usually brew in march or april. I store them in kegs because they usually don't last more than a day. I always have an oktoberfest party and my friends demolish my beer.

Another HERMS rig...

Old 02-24-2010, 08:58 PM   #3
Guildenstern
Recipes 

I brew in march (second time coming up) and drink it at Oktoberfest. I kept it keged 1/2 pressure off gas in my lagering fridge, as long as you got something else going it's easy to just leave it alone and forget about it. Well worth the work if you have the facilitys.

But, I will say mabey concider doing a shorter lager first, either a Vienna or a Marzen to drink right after a regular lagering phase. Make sure you got good product coming out before you dedicate half a year to waiting for it. My second brew ever was a Lager. Realy great beers to make.

Last edited by Guildenstern; 02-24-2010 at 09:01 PM.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:16 PM   #4
Sacdan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Year round. I like it a lot!

Quick Reply