What's your guilty pleasure?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shred

Former Microbrewery Founder & Pro Brewer
Reaction score
While I always have a fridge (or 3) well-stocked with various craft and home brews and there's usually something fancy aging somewhere, I have a skeleton in my beer closet or, more accurately, my garage mini fridge.

It's roughly 3200 degrees here today. I'm really not feeling a big beer. Even a nice citrusy IPA just isn't going to hit the spot. Time to grab a cold Coors Light. Ah... the mountains are blue. It's cold, crisp and damn refreshing.

I don't think of Coors Light as a "good" beer, but I do enjoy it. It's like an entirely different drink to me.

There I said it. Who else has a guilty pleasure they'd like to get off their chest? Maybe you can't live without your Boones Farm or you find yourself hanging with scenesters because they are the only crowd that shares your passion for PBR.

Let's hear 'em! :mug:

3200 degrees sounds like perfect time for some girl's light with lemon. Sometimes that's the best thing on a hot day. Lack of hops makes it taste like malty lemonade.

In the summer when we'd go out to eat,like mexican (we have one or two real ones around here). I like a cold Tacate with a lime wedge. Mighty good with seafood burros.

When I brew on a hot day like this (mid 90's all day) I almost always run right down the road and pick up a six pack of Starr Hill's The love, Hefe. It's light, refreshing, not bitter at all and helps me cool down. Its also fairly cheap and its nice to support the local brewery.
I'm brewing right now (chilling a red) and enjoying some of these.

I have to second the coors light. I'm not taking my precious home brew on a camping trip with the guys. After you've had 15+ beers in a day you don't really taste that extra dry hop you added.

I don't see it a scenester identifier or a guilty pleasure, but I like PBR. I used to drink Falstaff when I lived at my dad's. one or two red beers with lunch "for the potassium". then back to work.

I dig a cold MGD with a few brats. I take 'em with caramelized onions and spicy brown mustard, with potato salad and my own coleslaw.

Rolling Rock in a can is one of my faves. I usually have a bunch of PBR in the house when it's warm out.

KeystoneHomebrew said:
Genny Cream Ale. Benchmark of the style and good even in cold weather.

I can't get Genessee in Chicago. I used to be able to but no longer. I miss it. Their bock in a can is delicious too.

+1 on Genny Cream Ale. Great stuff on a hot day (like today in Massachusetts). When it gets this stinkin' hot ice cold Bud/Miller/Coors in the can goes down mighty nicely. Though I am loving my Centennial Blonde in this weather too, but I hate to drink through all my hard earned homebrew when a cheap sizer of Bud Light does the job.

I have to second the coors light. I'm not taking my precious home brew on a camping trip with the guys. After you've had 15+ beers in a day you don't really taste that extra dry hop you added.

Exactly! I can drink it and even enjoy it... plus it comes in 30-packs. Perfect for supplying the moochers!

This went from guilty pleasure to ****ty backup beers in one reply. That said, my guilty pleasure is sitting down with a bowl of premium mixed nuts (the ones without peanuts and cashews) and a homebrew. Divine!

This went from guilty pleasure to ****ty backup beers in one reply. That said, my guilty pleasure is sitting down with a bowl of premium mixed nuts (the ones without peanuts and cashews) and a homebrew. Divine!

back up beer is that one batch you brewed, it's not very good, but you just can't bring yourself to dump it out. PBR ain't some crappy back up beer for me. I enjoy it.

I suppose I can safely add Corona Light to this list as well (only Light... I don't like Extra). It's not quite the same level of guilt as Coors Light, but I feel a little shame every time I sip a nice limey one... and that's often enough in the summer.

Depends on situation. My three big ones are PBR when hot as hell out, St. Pauli Girl (don't know what it is, but there is an interesting flavor in it that I like, probably a flaw in the beer), lastly and this isn't even really a guilty pleasure because all beer consumers should enjoy this, Bohemia and/or Negra Modelo with some good Mexican food.

I'm with Billy-Klubb, I enjoy PBR but you won't mistake me as a hipster. It's a good American Lager that actually has some flavor.

I always have Miller Lite in the fridge. It's my dad's drink of choice, he really only has one or 2 of my Homebrews when they are visiting and then usually switches to Miller Lite for the rest of the weekend. Because of that, I will admit on those hot days, when doing a lot of work outside. That Miller LIte is my break beer. As in, I need a break to have a beer. It just goes down pretty easy, isn't heavy enough to fill me up or packed with enough alcohol to affect me being able to finish my work. I save the good stuff for after the work, when I can sit down and enjoy a good beer.

I am working on a keg of cream ale now.

BTW Coors Light is the ONLY beer that I have ever poured out. It was disgusting. Maybe it went bad or got light skunked but I have never desired to try one again and that was in the late 70's.

I also do not like regular Coors. The only thing worse is Budweiser!

My guilty pleasure? Single malt Scotch. Neat in a glencairn glass, with 70% cacao dark chocolate. Although lately I have taken a liking to brandy and white port.

I'm on a summer volleyball team. I drink Rolling Rock before/during games. It keeps me from getting too full or too buzzed to play well. And it's pretty refreshing! Not much malt or hops flavor, just a good beach-type beer.

Rouge Double Chocolate Stout, Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout and Stone Smoked Porter.

When asked what kind of cake I wanted for my birthday those came to mind before actual cake flavors.

That sounds delicious fuzzy2133. My guilty pleasure is buying a Founders variety case with Dirty Bastard, Red's Rye, Founder's Porter, and Centennial IPA. Yum.

That sounds delicious fuzzy2133. My guilty pleasure is buying a Founders variety case with Dirty Bastard, Red's Rye, Founder's Porter, and Centennial IPA. Yum.

Nothing to feel guilty about there. I LOVE Founders!

Coors light is pretty good when its a bazillion degrees outside. I had a couple of mojito things (cant remember the brand) that were pretty good. I enjoy a corona with a lime in it too in the summer, goes down great with some seafood.

Mine would be High Life, it's what dad and the uncles always drank and what they got me started on and frankly I like it. Always keep some in the fridge.

Depends on situation. My three big ones are PBR when hot as hell out, St. Pauli Girl (don't know what it is, but there is an interesting flavor in it that I like, probably a flaw in the beer), lastly and this isn't even really a guilty pleasure because all beer consumers should enjoy this, Bohemia and/or Negra Modelo with some good Mexican food.

Ahh. Negra Modelo in a chilled mug with some carne seca tacos... Heaven.

"mexican" skunky funky stuff don't know why. I have always liked it with raging hot Mexican food.

corona /w lime
negra modela /w lime
modela /w lime
dos equios lager /w lime
tecate /w lime
Carib /w lime
ll even drink sol "with lime"
notice a trend?

When I'm short on cash and running low on homebrew, High Life is my go to beer.

I don't see it a scenester identifier or a guilty pleasure, but I like PBR. I used to drink Falstaff when I lived at my dad's. one or two red beers with lunch "for the potassium". then back to work.

I second the PBR. I don't know what it is, but I always go back to this one in the summer. Been not so secretly enjoying it for years. IMO its perfect on a ugly hot day and works when other beers just won't do. However I won't touch the stuff after summer. I don't have the heart.

I remember a Ukranian buddy at work that said he & his friends would only drink Miller's because it was the closest one to what they got back home.

Try Red Stripe. You will wonder why you have pbr in the fridge. Unless of course your broke. If i remember correctly its Jamaican.

Latest posts

Back