What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407961031.106695.jpg
Galaxy Citra IPA. The GigaYeast Vermont IPA is a beast popped the lid on fermenter and made a bit of a mess even though I have a blow off tube in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Just kegged a Galaxy/Citra APA, and have another APA sitting and waiting for a free keg. Also just brewed a red rye PA that is still fermenting and a rye saison in which I pitched some Hill Farmstead Anna dregs. It will sit for at least 6 months to a year I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Currently have a nice new cider recipe in my primary (cinnamon, nutmeg for the secondary). I was planning on transferring it to secondary a few days ago, but I'm still getting bubbles in the airlock every 40 seconds or so, so I'll probably have to wait a few more days before transferrin' to secondary.

Once it's in secondary, I'm going to put an English/Irish-style chocolate stout in the primary. When that will be, I have no idea. It's all riding on the dear ol' cider.

5 gallons of German Pilsner. 5 gallons of Scottish ale. Imperial stout next week

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Finally got the air out of it, it's been sitting empty for months. I brewed a Big Red Hefe Grande on Frriday: red wheat, Munich with a decoction mash. It went in at 1.082 and is fermenting at 62F internal right now.

5 gallons of caramelized onion stout. OG 1.071.

Smelled good. Could be really nice. Or turn out rancid nasty. Guess we'll find out.

12 days later, gravity is down to 1.019.

The flavor is, uh, something. Smells kinda like onion soup. Tastes... sharper. I've heard that long conditioning times can do some amazing things. I have my doubts here, though.:drunk:

Gotta vanilla cream for the wife should be between 6.6 to 7.0 so I can persuade her mind on a few things.;)

Brewed 2 nights in a row, and I've now done 6 batches in less then 2 weeks. I'm out of fermenter space until I get my new chest freeze w/collar set up for my 7G conicals. Then I'll do 2 more.....

Currently have 9 beers on tap in addition to the 6 batches going.

Last night's batch was an American Lager sans adjuncts. Light and refreshing all malt beer.

Just transferred my kolsch yesterday to secondary sitting at 40*

"If you've made something that doesn't offend anybody, you've made Budweiser"
-Augie Carton-

Got some skeeter pee in primary (first batch ever)
still have a white and a red in secondary... because I'm lazy (and don't have enough empty bottles)

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/fresh-squeezed-ipa-deschutes-inspired-470557/
Fresh Squeezed IPA (Deschutes inspired), it's in the recipe section. Deschutes is my favorite commercial brewery. Chainbreaker is great.
Tom

plankbr posted the recipe I used. I'm surprised I got the link to work. Now if I could get pics down I'd be set. Gotta love this website. Great people and great recipes.

There you go jbay. I grew up in Lompoc. Howdy from a long gone neighbor.

Nice, my LHBS is actually in Solvang. It's only been around the last couple of years though. The valley is becoming quite the brew mecca with the tap selections available, Fig Mountain, Solvang Brewco, and Firestone all in the area.

Right now, I have a nut brown ale, LIVID IIPA in the fermenters, and on deck, my first home-made recipe, a baltic porter.. I expect to brew it tomorrow or Saturday morning.

5 gallons lightly smoked porter. Meant to make a brown ale with just a touch of roasted barley, accidentally bought twice the roasted barley I had intended. Should still be tasty.

just racked 10 gallons Octoberfest into the kegs and dry hopped a rye ipa and hoping my pumpkin beer will be ready to take out of primary in about a week or so. Then hopefully in about 2 weeks ill be able to brew a winter lager.

5 gallons Saison w/3711 at 2 weeks in primary.
5 gallons Orange/Cascade Pale. Safale 05. 4 days in Primary.
Russian River clone 3 weeks in bottle.

Back