Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > What's your favorite brewing podcast?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2012, 06:49 PM   #21
Special Hops
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I'll have to give some of these a listen.

Up Next: Oatmeal Stout

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2012, 06:58 PM   #22
ndsgr
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Personally, I enjoy the Sunday Session and the other shows. I listen to the session during my commute and I'll listen to the other shows if I'm planning a beer that could benefit. Most recently, the two Ron Jeffries interviews. On another note...

I love these threads, they all go the same. Every time someone posts about the Sunday Session being "too juvenile" or "frat boy" or the like, I picture them with a cup of tea, pinky out, and sitting in a little room smelling their own gaseous excretions. Yes, yes, you are just that much smarter than everyone else that you are above a fart/male extremity joke. Thank you for posting, we are all in awe of your superior intellect.

Ever wonder why no one likes a beer snob? I'm not saying you have to like the humor, but making critical remarks that put you on some pedestal just makes you sound like a dick. Of course if that's what you were going for, carry on.

Old 02-18-2012, 08:01 PM   #23
Brulosopher
Recipes 

Liked 199 Times on 165 Posts
Likes Given: 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndsgr
Personally, I enjoy the Sunday Session and the other shows. I listen to the session during my commute and I'll listen to the other shows if I'm planning a beer that could benefit. Most recently, the two Ron Jeffries interviews. On another note...

I love these threads, they all go the same. Every time someone posts about the Sunday Session being "too juvenile" or "frat boy" or the like, I picture them with a cup of tea, pinky out, and sitting in a little room smelling their own gaseous excretions. Yes, yes, you are just that much smarter than everyone else that you are above a fart/male extremity joke. Thank you for posting, we are all in awe of your superior intellect.

Ever wonder why no one likes a beer snob? I'm not saying you have to like the humor, but making critical remarks that put you on some pedestal just makes you sound like a dick. Of course if that's what you were going for, carry on.
Your presumptions couldn't be further from the truth.

Old 02-18-2012, 08:58 PM   #24
ndsgr
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightSpot View Post
Your presumptions couldn't be further from the truth.
What presumptions? The tea thing, smart thing or you sound like a dick thing?

Old 02-18-2012, 09:29 PM   #25
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 3280 Times on 2045 Posts
Likes Given: 2796

I agree with the OP, and everyone else (edit: except ndsgr; SS is stupid).

For those that commute, audible.com is an essential.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:41 PM   #26
ndsgr
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by passedpawn View Post
I agree with the OP, and everyone else (edit: except ndsgr; SS is stupid).
Cool, at least you didn't put down the folks who do enjoy it or are a part of it. Still missed my point, but whatever. Cheers!

Old 02-18-2012, 09:43 PM   #27
jholen
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

I like them all!

Some have more information than others, but I give them all a listen when time permits. Learned quite a lot from the podcasts - haven't checked out Basic Brewing Radio yet, but have a ton downloaded into iTunes.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:46 PM   #28
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 3280 Times on 2045 Posts
Likes Given: 2796

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndsgr View Post

Don't be a disingenious jerk. If you're going to slam someone, don't follow it by mugs.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:59 PM   #29
ndsgr
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by passedpawn View Post
Don't be a disingenious jerk. If you're going to slam someone, don't follow it by mugs.
So you finally read my post. I was confused by your last one, since I didn't actually defend SS.

It's just beer. Don't take it so seriously.

I guess we could say the same about emoticons, but to go into that would be too far off topic.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:51 PM   #30
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 838 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 1105

I'm about ready to stop listening to Jamil. I don't mind "frat boy" humor, fart jokes, sex jokes, hell, that's all we do all day at work. The problem is, Jamil just isn't funny to me in the slightest way. Tasty's dry style is a little better, but he gets drowned out IMO. The other problem is, he's extremely knowledgeable about brewing and I can't stop listening because of the occasional gems that I end up texting to myself while I'm driving so that I don't forget them.

I've listened to every single BBR, and love what James does, but he's focused mostly on beginners (not a knock at all, so don't jump on me), and I moved beyond that point a while ago. I still listen though because I enjoy his style and some of the topics. I have a really hard time listening when Chris Colby is on though, man he is just horrible. My only dig on BBR is that the experiments never really solve anything and rarely even have usable information. It would be great to see a podcast take the group experiment idea and use it more professionally.

Quick Reply