Home Brew Forums

Home Brew Forums (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum.php)
-   General Beer Discussion (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/)
-   -   Whats it worth? (brewstand) (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/whats-worth-brewstand-402236/)

riored4v 04-02-2013 01:48 PM

Whats it worth? (brewstand)
 
Built this brew stand a little while back and am in the process of upgrading to go with a single tier setup.

Just kind of curious to get an idea of what its worth so i can list it on Craigslist. Its in good condition still and would come with the cooler/mashtun pictured

http://www.ssstangs.com/gallery/albu...l_Test_run.JPG

broadbill 04-02-2013 01:52 PM

Are you selling it will all the plumbing, parts (burner, pot, pump) included? That would be the main reason I'd buy it....otherwise its a glorified work cart that I wouldn't spend more than $50-75 for.

If its the cart alone, you are probably better off keeping and re-purposing it.

riored4v 04-02-2013 02:13 PM

Nope, all the plumbing and stuff would be getting transferred to the new stand. Obviously it would be trying to be sold as an actual brewing stand vs a work cart since its super compact for the size, doesnt require a ladder, has spots for two propane tanks along with locks for the mash tun.

broadbill 04-02-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riored4v (Post 5067616)
Nope, all the plumbing and stuff would be getting transferred to the new stand. Obviously it would be trying to be sold as an actual brewing stand vs a work cart since its super compact for the size, doesnt require a ladder, has spots for two propane tanks along with locks for the mash tun.

I don't think you will get a premium for selling it as a brew-stand, plus you are limiting the number of eyeballs that would lay upon it from craigslist. I'd probably offer $40-50 for it, figuring I'd end up paying 50-60...that is what I figure I would spend in lumber, casters to build it myself. If the price was higher, I'd just build it myself.

wilserbrewer 04-02-2013 02:29 PM

Ask $100, take any offer over $20 would be my advice. If you have my lack of patience for knucklehead craigslist shoppers, list it as "free to good home".

riored4v 04-02-2013 03:12 PM

Well there's no way I would let it go for $20. The cooler is worth more than that by itself.

broadbill 04-02-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riored4v (Post 5067815)
Well there's no way I would let it go for $20. The cooler is worth more than that by itself.

:drunk: thought you were selling just the cart?

dfess1 04-02-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilserbrewer (Post 5067675)
If you have my lack of patience for knucklehead craigslist shoppers, list it as "free to good home".

and they still b*tch and moan.

them: "What color is it? Do you think it'll fit in xyz?"

me: "WHO CARES, ITS FREE!!"

sorry for the off topic.

riored4v 04-02-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broadbill (Post 5067919)
:drunk: thought you were selling just the cart?

:drunk:

Quote:

Its in good condition still and would come with the cooler/mashtun pictured

:mug:


And more I think about it, I'll likely sell it with the Blichmann burner and SQ-14 burner.

brewkinger 04-02-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riored4v (Post 5067962)
:drunk:

:mug:


And more I think about it, I'll likely sell it with the Blichmann burner and SQ-14 burner.

OK, so if I am following flow, you are going to sell the cart, mash tun/cooler and BOTH burners?

Cart $40
Cooler $30
Blichmann burner $70
Bayou SQ-14 $30

I would ask $150


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:46 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.