The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > What's the worst craft brew (commercial) you've had?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2013, 07:08 PM   #801
brewer177
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I agree with bandt9299. I'm not a big fan of dogfish Head's beer. Just too many funky flavored for my taste. 60 Minute is decent. I'll keep trying their other brews and maybe there will be one I like.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2013, 07:09 PM   #802
Snagg30341
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Removed

Old 04-02-2013, 02:50 AM   #803
bd2xu
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snagg30341
Pliney the elder.

Sorry. Didn't like it at all.
Blasphemer!!!! Just kidding I've never had it but it seems like it and dfh 90 are the standard that all iipas are held to.

Wait is this an April fools?
On tap: Hop Hammer, Cottage House Saison, Western MI IPA, Petite Saison d'ete, Centennial Blonde, caramel apple cider
Bottled: Weizenbier, LaChouffe Clone, La Fin Du Monde Clone, Cottage House Oaked Saison with Chardonnay

Text to SWMBO: "Honey I'm having one more pint with the guys, be home in 20 minutes. If I'm not home by then, read this message again."

Old 04-02-2013, 02:12 PM   #804
golfduke
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer177 View Post
I agree with bandt9299. I'm not a big fan of dogfish Head's beer. Just too many funky flavored for my taste. 60 Minute is decent. I'll keep trying their other brews and maybe there will be one I like.
I tend to agree about some of their beer being over the edge of 'trend setting', but their Imperial pilsner and Indian Brown ale are both really tasty brews. I respect them for pushing the brewing envelope, but some of their styles are just a little too far out there for my taste buds. Different strokes though...

Old 04-02-2013, 02:56 PM   #805
Darwin18
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 649 Times on 468 Posts
Likes Given: 385

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snagg30341 View Post
Pliney the elder.

Sorry. Didn't like it at all.
That's your WORST craft beer of all time?

Old 04-02-2013, 03:34 PM   #806
highgravitybacon
Recipes 

Liked 202 Times on 141 Posts
Likes Given: 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin18 View Post
It's a tough life when you've had to slum with some RR beers. I like to put mine in a paper sack and drink them as fast as I can to avoid the horrible taste. Of course I wash my litterbox with Duvel, so I know what it's like to suffer.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:51 PM   #807
Swarley88
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 609 Times on 375 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Quote:

I had the same question... doesn't make any sense what so ever.

Old 04-03-2013, 02:02 AM   #808
DrummerBoySeth
Recipes 

Liked 39 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:
Some of us are not huge hop-heads. I appreciate an IPA that has good hop FLAVOR, but I still do not dig the uber-bitter IBU race that IPA brewers seem to be engaging in. Too many IPA's and IIPA's remind me of the old "bitter beer face" commercial. Just sayin....

I drink beer for flavor, not to say that I am more manly than you because I can tolerate a 150 IBU Imperial IPA and you can't.

I hope I do not offend anyone with this, but I can understand why someone would rate Pliny as one of the worst craft beers they had tasted, especially if they are a malt head/stout/Belgian fan like me.

"Give a man a beer, and he will waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he will waste a lifetime!" Bill Owen

Old 04-03-2013, 02:19 AM   #809
Jlaw3000
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoySeth

Some of us are not huge hop-heads. I appreciate an IPA that has good hop FLAVOR, but I still do not dig the uber-bitter IBU race that IPA brewers seem to be engaging in. Too many IPA's and IIPA's remind me of the old "bitter beer face" commercial. Just sayin....

I drink beer for flavor, not to say that I am more manly than you because I can tolerate a 150 IBU Imperial IPA and you can't.

I hope I do not offend anyone with this, but I can understand why someone would rate Pliny as one of the worst craft beers they had tasted, especially if they are a malt head/stout/Belgian fan like me.
^+1

I rarely enjoy an IPA these days, but occasionally they are alright if circumstances are right. Really liked them when I first got into beer but there is just so much more to beer than loads of hops. Also really hate the pissing contest and know several people who drink IPAs just for that reason...

I might get hung for this but a buddy left a stone double bastard at my house a while ago... Ran outa beer and figured I'd drink it. Poured the last third down the drain.... Alcohol abuse 0.0

Really in to Belgians and sours these days.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:28 AM   #810
Swarley88
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 609 Times on 375 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlaw3000 View Post

^+1

I rarely enjoy an IPA these days, but occasionally they are alright if circumstances are right. Really liked them when I first got into beer but there is just so much more to beer than loads of hops. Also really hate the pissing contest and know several people who drink IPAs just for that reason...

I might get hung for this but a buddy left a stone double bastard at my house a while ago... Ran outa beer and figured I'd drink it. Poured the last third down the drain.... Alcohol abuse 0.0

Really in to Belgians and sours these days.
Belgians and sours are a fantastic group of beers to be into to. Still figuring out what kind of hops I like in Ipas so I still snag those. I also pick up a lot of Belgians and a buddy got me into sours and I gotta say I am pretty hooked on them too.

Quick Reply