Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > What's the worst craft brew (commercial) you've had?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2013, 04:53 PM   #561
wickman6
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 61 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 94

Green Flash Barleywine. I'd rather drink cologne from one of those goofy racecar bottles.

My wife is like a well crafted beer...bitter, yet sweet enough to balance perfectly!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2013, 07:01 PM   #562
ArrogantDusty
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 21

When I first tried Odell's beers, i swore them off as bad brewers. Two of their beers (I had tried Levity and Isolation) were bad so I wasn't going back.

Then I started hearing about how some of my friends loved them...then I started hearing good things in the beer community. I gave them another shot... And I am glad I did because they do have some great beers. I just picked two of the maybe four beers they make that I dont like so I had a bad first impression.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:15 PM   #563
Djuhnk
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Sam Adams has some really good ones but also some really bad ones. Old fezziwig, and chocolate bock are horrible. (From the winter sampler) I also don't care for most of the southern tier brews.. It seems like they dump a truck load of lactose in everyone of them.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:00 PM   #564
wickman6
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 61 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuhnk View Post
Sam Adams has some really good ones but also some really bad ones. Old fezziwig, and chocolate bock are horrible. (From the winter sampler) I also don't care for most of the southern tier brews.. It seems like they dump a truck load of lactose in everyone of them.
+1 to the chocolate bock, its rather gross and for lack of better phrasing seems fake somehow. but I do like old fezziwig.

My wife is like a well crafted beer...bitter, yet sweet enough to balance perfectly!

Old 01-31-2013, 08:28 PM   #565
MarcusKillion
Recipes 

Liked 76 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 106

Default Really ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howiedw View Post
I have to agree with the Rouge Voodoo Bacon Maple. I was able to finish the bottle. But just barely.

Others that I can't stand are Pyramids Apricot Ale and there was a christmas beer about 10 years ago that i just could not drink. Got it. "Pete's Wicked Winter Brew." Or something like that. The last 5 bottles in the 6-pack sat in my fridge for over a year before I managed to get rid of it.
Your first clue should have been maple . No way should this ever be in a beer or anything else I am eating or drinking . Next Bacon . Bacon ? WTF ? Yuk . Was you planning on frying this up and having it with eggs and pancakes ?

Let me sum this up for everyone who thinks about drinking a beer with maple , bacon , cod , beef, rat droppings or other non beer items in it ....YUK YUK YUK YUK YUK ! Gag me with a spoon , YUK.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:57 PM   #566
beertroll
Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Rock Art's Midnight smoked porter is just horrendous. Tasted like sooty water. No body, no malt, no hops, no roast, just thin, dirty smoke. Pawned one off on a friend who I've watched chug an acetobacteria-infected beer with no hesitation, and even he couldn't finish it. Rock Art's brews are normally pretty good, but that smoked porter is drain material.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:27 PM   #567
Patro
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I didnt like the sam adams chocolate bock either, and it was the beer I was most excited about in the sampler. Too sweet and artificial, It tasted like tootise roll.

And I do like Sam Adams. Especially their Octoberfest and that hazel nut brown.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:05 AM   #568
Thegreatestgray
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Banana bread beer it was un believable bad it tasted like those cheap banana Popsicles it got worst the longer I drank it and it like 5 dollars for a pint

Old 02-01-2013, 03:13 AM   #569
Djuhnk
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patro
I didnt like the sam adams chocolate bock either, and it was the beer I was most excited about in the sampler. Too sweet and artificial, It tasted like tootise roll.

And I do like Sam Adams. Especially their Octoberfest and that hazel nut brown.
Yeah the hazel nut brown is tits, an if you like that you gotta like the fireside but brown by leinenkeugel

Old 02-01-2013, 07:35 PM   #570
BrewinBromanite
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Taproom 21. Tasted like drinking raw sugar. One of only a couple of beers I've actually dumped a few bottles down the drain.

Quick Reply