The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > What's the worst craft brew (commercial) you've had?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2012, 08:59 PM   #501
sloose
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusKillion View Post
rino1rino:
Over doing it seems to be the thing these days . Notice that everything is over done to the point it really is not that good . Beers are out of control . Movies are so over done that the stunts are stupid and make the flic not so enjoyable . Hey at least make them kind of believable . Fast food and drinks are super sized . It just goes on and on
Out of this madness comes some REALLY excellent beers though. lagunitas is my new fanboi passion. Lil Sumpin Sumpin makes me weak in the knees it's so yummy and perfect. Their IPA is even excellent.

I hate overly bittered IPAs though. Make it bitter but not insane bitter, but give me some flavor, finish, and dry hops though. Lil Sumpin Sumpin has like 6 oz of dry hops and its INSANE

Bottled&Drinking: Founders All Day IPA Clone, Centennial blonde, Vienna Hefeweizen, Belgian wit, blizzard imperial IPA,
Conditioning: hard local cider
Primary: more local hard cider!
Secondary:
On Deck: English bitter, English IPA

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 12:20 AM   #502
Lushife
Recipes 

Liked 81 Times on 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb

I also, f'in loved vodoo bacon maple. I only had issue with - it seems damn near impossible to find in Southern NJ, That said, if anyone has a tip on where to get it, I'd love to pick some up for my new years party
I'm in Middletown, NJ and they have it at the Wholefoods by be I haven't tried it yet though.

Old 12-24-2012, 12:35 AM   #503
skullface1818
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
You talking about some of the 22s like the merry mischief and what not?, their other beers have been letting me down so much anymore I was afraid to bother trying the 22s, oh and infinium around New Years last year I hated, merry mischief (gingerbread stout) wasn't bad though, so maybe I will have to take your word for it and pick up some of those side project 22s. Any suggestions?
Their entire winter collection I've found to actually be quite good, and I have very fond memories of their regular imperial stout (a bit too thick, especially when it exploded onto my face when I raised the bottle a bit too fast, but it was unrefriderated and I actually see that kind of thickness at a sign of a good strong stout)

I also remember drinking some strange brews from them at an ABC liqour beer tasting, its damn shame that I cant remember the names of the bottles. It was new stuff, but yea, a few too many drinks and a lost sheet (used to keep track that night) do prevent me from giving off any greater information.

I wish I could speak more for the 4 packs they sell at my stores (the wee heavy and high ABV bock), but I cannot. I have a short attention span with buying brew and I'm heavily biased throds 6 packs vs 4 packs
tho they do look good, and those options would probably be the best for trying something good they still make

As said before I would agree with you, I cant think of any of their easy to find brew that I'm a fan of (its even hard to find their winter stuff), but stand by my thought that if you see somthing different from them in bombers and 4 packs that their worth a shot
good luck finding something good : D

Old 12-24-2012, 12:40 AM   #504
Lushife
Recipes 

About 15+ years ago my dad got a bottle of something by Sam Adams. It was in in a blue or purple bottle, neither of can remember. Anyway he thought it was pretty nasty. Does anyone know what it might have been?

Old 12-24-2012, 12:54 AM   #505
WesleyS
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2614 Times on 1694 Posts
Likes Given: 359

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lushife
About 15+ years ago my dad got a bottle of something by Sam Adams. It was in in a blue or purple bottle, neither of can remember. Anyway he thought it was pretty nasty. Does anyone know what it might have been?
Triple Bock is what you're thinking of. Yes, it is the worst beer ever made.

Long story short, Beer.

Old 12-24-2012, 12:57 AM   #506
Lushife
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleyS

Triple Bock is what you're thinking of. Yes, it is the worst beer ever made.
Do you have a pic? My dad said it didn't even taste like beer. I think I would know it if I saw a pic.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:02 AM   #507
WesleyS
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lushife

do you have a pic? My dad said it didn't even taste like beer. I think i would know it if i saw a pic.

image-3151194667.jpg

Long story short, Beer.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:28 AM   #508
badlee
Recipes 

Liked 58 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Dead Frog brewing's roasted coconut wit.
No carbonation,looked like a mix of waterded down OJ and milk.
Tasted so bad that I couldnt finish the first glass,let alone the whole 630ml bottle!

Old 12-24-2012, 01:51 AM   #509
bottlebomber
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2640 Times on 2068 Posts
Likes Given: 290

Holy crap Wes you own a bottle of that pish?

Old 12-24-2012, 02:16 AM   #510
WesleyS
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber
Holy crap Wes you own a bottle of that pish?
One? Try THREE!! My last unopened bottle will stay that way. I don't feel like subjecting my mouth to burnt cardboard anus oil again.

Long story short, Beer.

pharaohpierre Likes This 

Quick Reply