Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > What's the worst craft brew (commercial) you've had?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2012, 02:17 PM   #491
newb
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityOChampBrew View Post
I f'in loved the Voodoo Bacon Maple Ale, only had an issue with the price
I also, f'in loved vodoo bacon maple. I only had issue with - it seems damn near impossible to find in Southern NJ, That said, if anyone has a tip on where to get it, I'd love to pick some up for my new years party

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 02:34 PM   #492
LonestarHB
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Worst beer for me is that smoke beer shiner put out a few years ago. Felt like I was chewing/drinking on a damp campfire. Blech.

Old 12-23-2012, 02:36 PM   #493
RandomBeerGuy
Recipes 

Liked 74 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 23

My worst is Samuel Adam Boston Lager but I only think its because it has to travel across america to get to Washington

Click'Clack Drink'Drunk - 99.9 KISW The Mens Room
----------------------------------------------------

Old 12-23-2012, 03:16 PM   #494
Komodo
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigger64

+1
+2
Esp a lot of craft beers.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:41 PM   #495
Lushife
Recipes 

Liked 83 Times on 63 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dechegash

Sam Adams Chocolate Bock is amazing!!!
I've been meaning to try since a work buddy told me about them but I haven't seen it outside of a variety pack

Old 12-23-2012, 05:57 PM   #496
newb
Recipes 

That is one of the few good ones left by same Adams... Seems they have lost the touch. Shame they used to be a good outfit but I guess with the growing size, and demand, they have gone off the deep end, and starting overdoing a lot of beers, an putting out some sub par products because the name will sell anyway... :-/

Old 12-23-2012, 07:36 PM   #497
skullface1818
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
That is one of the few good ones left by same Adams... Seems they have lost the touch. Shame they used to be a good outfit but I guess with the growing size, and demand, they have gone off the deep end, and starting overdoing a lot of beers, an putting out some sub par products because the name will sell anyway... :-/
Id disagree with that one. they have defiently put more empathis on their typical line up, but they still make some damn fine brews on the side!

my problem is that the interesting brews they still do make have remarkably bad availability. It is no surprise that people think they have lost touch

you just cant easily find the good stuff their making easily! It really does suck

Old 12-23-2012, 08:44 PM   #498
rodwha
Recipes 

Liked 136 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 108

I really enjoyed Sam Adam's Winter Lager last year. This year it is boring. They changed the recipe obviously.

"Anyway on the wall was this sign. People who drink light beer don't really like beer. They just like to piss a lot."

"Were I to leave where else would I go? Your words of life and of truth You hold." - Third Day

Old 12-23-2012, 08:47 PM   #499
AscensionBrewer
Recipes 

The Polygamy Porter from Wasatch was brutal. It was flat and tasted like putting weak coffee in the fridge and drinking it the following day.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:01 PM   #500
newb
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullface1818

Id disagree with that one. they have defiently put more empathis on their typical line up, but they still make some damn fine brews on the side!

my problem is that the interesting brews they still do make have remarkably bad availability. It is no surprise that people think they have lost touch

you just cant easily find the good stuff their making easily! It really does suck
You talking about some of the 22s like the merry mischief and what not?, their other beers have been letting me down so much anymore I was afraid to bother trying the 22s, oh and infinium around New Years last year I hated, merry mischief (gingerbread stout) wasn't bad though, so maybe I will have to take your word for it and pick up some of those side project 22s. Any suggestions?

Quick Reply