Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > whats up with AHB
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2009, 07:55 PM   #1
gasman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default whats up with AHB

for the first time ever i ordered from them, mostly due to hearing great things about them on this fourum and im new to homebrewing...i placed an order on 2-20-09 at 3:00pm est and it is now 2-26-09 3:55 est and my order is still being processed at the store...that seems like a long time....right...was kinda hopping to brew this weekend....not gonna happen

Old 02-26-2009, 07:57 PM   #2
The Pol
Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman View Post
for the first time ever i ordered from them, mostly due to hearing great things about them on this fourum and im new to homebrewing...i placed an order on 2-20-09 at 3:00pm est and it is now 2-26-09 3:55 est and my order is still being processed at the store...that seems like a long time....right...was kinda hopping to brew this weekend....not gonna happen
Who is AHB? Id call them... that is what Id do.

Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2009, 07:58 PM   #3
Kilgore_Trout
Recipes 

We've gotten a lot of posts like this lately.

Forrest says they've had a huge increase in order volume lately, also they're running a big sale right now.

Hopefully things pick back up again soon, as they're a good vendor.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:01 PM   #4
gasman
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

just hope i get my stuff before i pay off the credit card bill...i will have a huge problem with that

Old 02-26-2009, 10:30 PM   #5
noreaster40s
Recipes 

I'm in the same boat. I'm a first time user of AHB and placed an order online on Sunday, 2/22/09, and hadn't heard anything about it being shipped. Just called them now, 6:20 pm EST on 2/26, and was told it hadn't been processed yet. I was told it was because they've recently had a high order volume. When I asked when it would ship they said maybe the beginning of next week! Definitely not the kind of service I was hoping for. Was hoping to brew this weekend too. Guess not. Don't think I'll be using them again.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:41 PM   #6
Hugh_Jass
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Here's what Forrest had to say.
"I know, like everyone out there, that times are very tough. For this reason, I had planned on having a number of sales events during this year. Of course my sales go up, but so do my costs. The main reason that I run these sales is so that everyone can save money on their favorite hobby. Normally, our sales triple during a storewide sale. And that fact makes orders ship out a little slower. I just hired 2 more people and everyone in shipping is working a lot of overtime, weekends, and nights to get the orders out and to avoid long delays.

And after all of that, the response that I receive on this forum is a series of complaints about my store and my employees. I can't afford the damage to my store's reputation because of permanent posts on a forum that relate to the service received during a sale. Our order turn around is normally on target during “normal” times, so it appears that it is not really worth having a sale. Northern Brewer doesn't have store wide sales. I don't know of any other homebrew store that has storewide sales either. It is a reality that many smaller homebrew stores can put orders out the same day because they don't have the volume we do, especially during a sale.

I have no choice but to switch to having a few small targeted items on sale.

Thanks for your support.
I am sure you understand.

Forrest
Austin Homebrew Supply"

They're working on it. I'm sure after the sale, things will be back to normal

Old 02-26-2009, 11:30 PM   #7
ArcaneXor
Recipes 

Liked 74 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh_Jass View Post

They're working on it. I'm sure after the sale, things will be back to normal
I wouldn't count on it - my last two orders in December and January, during non-sale times, were delayed as well. Still, I like AHS and know I can always pay more for shipping if I really want it sooner. Unless it gets excessive, I'm fine with planning ahead and placing my orders a week or two ahead of time.
Kegged: Fat Man Porter w/ 1469, Fat Man Porter w/ 005, Centennial Falcon w/ Conan, Centennial Falcon w/ Denny's, Barrel-aged Fat Man Porter, Belgian Dark Strong, Dark Mild

Old 02-26-2009, 11:59 PM   #8
TexasSpartan
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcaneXor View Post
I wouldn't count on it - my last two orders in December and January, during non-sale times, were delayed as well. Still, I like AHS and know I can always pay more for shipping if I really want it sooner. Unless it gets excessive, I'm fine with planning ahead and placing my orders a week or two ahead of time.
IIRC, they were hit with a ton of orders in December (for Christmas) and January (new people/people spending Christmas money). I placed an order a few weeks ago and it was processed in a day or two. I'm sure once their 50 state sale is over, it will be back to normal.

Keg 1: Falconer's Flight IPA
Keg 2: Honey Jalapeno Saison

Old 02-27-2009, 12:04 AM   #9
Austinhomebrew
Recipes 

Liked 107 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 90

It will be back to normal by next week when the new hires arrive. Sorry for the delay.

I have some major promotions coming up after the sale.

We just can not have storewide sales anymore. They cause too many delays and that is what we need to avoid.

Forrest

Old 02-27-2009, 12:16 AM   #10
loopmd

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

That's fine, but wait until after you offer it to Nebraska.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply