Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > What's Brewing This Weekend (2-18/19)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2006, 02:41 PM   #21
subwyking
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

My mom and dad are coming up to visit us. Or should I say the grandbaby. My old man has been really interested in brewing, so were gonna brew up a batch of wheat beer. But the low this weekend is supposed to be like 6 degrees, so we'll see.

By the way, its 3 degrees now, but with the wind chill it feels like a balmy -14.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2006, 02:49 PM   #22
loopmd

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I am going to consume more 11 lb hammer and start another thread on the finer points of Nihilism.

Just kidding.....

Busy weekend for us. My daughter does competative dancing and we will be going back and forth to that. I will be brewing next weekend. Maybe it will be a bit more balmy as I am in the same boat as Subwyking. Bellevue is just another part of Omaha and it's a lovely 3 degrees today.

Loop

Old 02-17-2006, 03:03 PM   #23
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 134 Times on 127 Posts

No brewing for me this weekend. Until the contractors close up the new septic trench and re-pave the patio, I think I'll just go brew hopping. Heart of the Valley road trip Sunday.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 02-17-2006, 03:17 PM   #24
Catfish
Art by David Shrigley
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 3 Posts

If I can scrounge up enough bottles I'll be bottling my Exp Pale Ale #1 and secondarying #s 2&3. Hope i can find the bottles as 2&3 have been sittting for a fortnight now and I haven't been visiting them much.

Old 02-17-2006, 04:05 PM   #25
mpetty
Recipes 

With the interclub competition coming up, I'm thinking about doing an American Brown Ale. I have an American Amber fermenting now, and an American Pale about 2 months in the bottle. It would be nice to get to enter all three, but I'm prepared for some great offerings from the other club members.

Primary: What Ale experiment with a friend (10-gallon batch, two fermenters, two yeasts: American Hefeweizen and plain Hefeweizen)
Secondary: None
Bottled Yellow Dog Ale | Oatmeal Stout (1st mini-mash) | Cider: Plain Apple Juice | American Amber Ale| California Common, American Pale Ale
Up next: Extra Special Bitter and another spiced cider

Old 02-17-2006, 05:07 PM   #26
Janx

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts

I'm going through an ambitious phase. I started a Framboise Lambic last weekend...adding the raspberries and wild yeasts and bacteria this weekend. Also gonna try to brew a Rodenbach-style Flemish Red if I get a chance this weekend. If I can pull that one off, I may never brew anything else again

Cheers!

Won't you pour me one more of that sinful Old Janx Spirit

Old 02-17-2006, 05:35 PM   #27
clayof2day

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'm going to be doing Rhoobarbs Guinness Clone (fitting as he started this thread) on Saturday. It will also be my first all grain attempt, which I'm very excited for. I wanted it to be my last winter beer, by the time its ready it might be late, but I can drink a good stout anytime of the year.

Old 02-17-2006, 11:24 PM   #28
Alembic
Recipes 

I brewed a German ale yesterday and am waiting on the ingredients to do a SNPA clone and the recipe from charlie p.'s book "cherries in the snow". I have a double stout in the secondary that will hopefully be close to bottling.

Old 02-18-2006, 12:35 AM   #29
subwyking
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopmd
I am going to consume more 11 lb hammer and start another thread on the finer points of Nihilism.

Just kidding.....

Busy weekend for us. My daughter does competative dancing and we will be going back and forth to that. I will be brewing next weekend. Maybe it will be a bit more balmy as I am in the same boat as Subwyking. Bellevue is just another part of Omaha and it's a lovely 3 degrees today.

Loop
we are probably gonna brew on sunday. the high is supposed to be in the low 20's i think. so it'll be a fine day for beer makin.

Old 02-18-2006, 12:40 AM   #30
RichBrewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 83 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 67

I just picked up a 50 pound bag of 2 row from my LHBS and I'm tempted to brew this weekend. I think I will wait though. It's about 3 degrees out with light snow. I don't think I can do it.

Cheers,
Rich

Quick Reply