Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > What's Brewing This Weekend?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2007, 08:24 PM   #41
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 378 Times on 311 Posts
Likes Given: 102

I didn't realize that the connections had gotten loosened up a bit; there was a bit of a leak where the hose connects to the burner. When I turned the flame up, the gas leaking out caught on fire, which was a little bit freaky. No injuries, though - although it scared the crap out of me.

It was also only a four-and-a-half hour process, start to finish, and that was even having to wait a bit longer than I should have for my sparge water. Fastest AND most efficient; I'm liking these smaller beers...

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

That'll do, Pigley. That'll do.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2007, 02:15 AM   #42
Mike B
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Yet another Pale Ale

I'm making another pale ale tonight. Tweaking the recipe and adding some more hops.

I'm about halfway throught the boil right now, and I'm about to start sanitizing everything. I wasn't planning on brewing today, but I needed something to help me get over the loss to Chicago today . . .

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply