Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > What'd I do with an $80 Fred Meyer Gift Card my employer gave me?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2011, 09:38 PM   #11
jmprdood
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 21 Posts

Good on ya bro - I wish I had $80 of my employer's $$ to spend on beer!

Cheers!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2011, 09:43 PM   #12
Fid
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by unionrdr View Post
I saw that Kriek lambic in the beer cooler at Giant Eagle last week. $14-$16 dollars. I almost bought it,I'm curious about the flavor? Nice haul,man!
I haven't had the Kriek yet either. Had some of their other Lambics in the past and thoroughly enjoyed them. Think I'll crack the Kriek open tonight, I'll let you know how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdood View Post
Haven't had that new rotator IPA. Loved the X-114 tho
I loved the X-114 too which was why I held off from buying a 6er of this new one for awhile... didn't want to be disappointed.

But now that I picked it up, no disappointment at all. Its got a nice, wet, dank hoppy nose to it. Think I might actually prefer it over the X-114 honestly.

Old 12-04-2011, 04:34 AM   #13
Fid
Recipes 

The Lindemans Kriek was good. Initial impression was that it was a little sweeter than I would have liked it to be but as it warmed up a bit the sourness started to shine through a bit more. There was a good balance between sweet and sour with a fairly dry finish. Overall flavor was something like... a liquid version of a cherry tart. The cherries were very pronounced in the aroma as well which made it tough to pull my nose out of the glass when I wasn't taking a sip.

Typically I prefer Krieks to be a bit more sour than this was, my favorite example being Portland based Cascade Brewing's Kriek that is almost unbearably mouth puckering. That said, Lindemans is still a good buy and its nice to treat yourself to something different from the norm every now and then.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:25 PM   #14
yorkbrew
Recipes 

Likes Given: 8

I've done the same thing before. I'm surprised to see the North Coast there. What Fred's did you go to?

Old 12-04-2011, 10:44 PM   #15
Fid
Recipes 

The one in Ballard. Easily double the micro selection that I've seen at other Fred Meyers in the area. Not quite as good as going to a bottle shop but its definitely the next best thing.

Quick Reply