What Are You Brewing Next???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next up is my 3rd iteration of Da Yooper's pale ale. This stuff is delicious!

While I have cascade available, I want to try out a hop combo that many members seem to like, which is comet and Idaho-7 (actually is a variant named 007). Has anyone used either or both? Comet is a new fave of mine from last year!

So many things I want to try. I brewed a porter a few months ago that turned out really well and might tweak that recipe to see if I can improve it; I have all the ingredients. Or just a plain ol' cream ale because I like that style and I have lots of Cascade hops. Or a summery wheat beer...

I'm using kveik yeast this summer, so whatever I brew will probably use that.

So many things I want to try. I brewed a porter a few months ago that turned out really well and might tweak that recipe to see if I can improve it; I have all the ingredients. Or just a plain ol' cream ale because I like that style and I have lots of Cascade hops. Or a summery wheat beer...

I'm using kveik yeast this summer, so whatever I brew will probably use that.

Have you made anything with it yet?

I made a very simple pale ale 2 days ago. (American pale ale malt, Australian "Dr. Rudi" hops for bittering, Cascade for flavor and aroma) It's too early to tell how it's going to turn out.

I was going to top-crop the yeast this morning (it is fermenting in a bucket), and the Krausen has already fallen. I had no idea it would ferment so fast. So I'll transfer to a carboy tonight and collect the yeast and trub; I will also keep the yeast from the secondary and might mix the two.

Back