Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > What would you need for a brewery?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2012, 09:15 PM   #1
Jade_The_Raw
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Default What would you need for a brewery?

Here is the list I got so far from a website, Is this everything?

Brewhouse two vessels:

Mash/Lauter

Kettle/Whirlpool

Fermenter unitank /or
Brite Tank

Hot liquor tank

CIP Caustic & sanitization tank

Glycol Chiller system

Cold Liquor tank

Heat exchanger

Malt mill

Brewer's platform

Semi auto control

Pump

- Clamps, Valves, gaskets, fittings, hoses, pipes, hand tools, sugar meter, washers, measure tube, sensors

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2012, 09:41 PM   #2
beerloaf
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Some of the things listed, you may or may not need depending on how things are setup and what type of equipment you use. Were you looking at direct fire/gas, or steam, or electric elements for heat source? Most breweries use steam due to its efficiency. Then you may have issues with power due to a lot of boilers using 480v. A lot of this also depends on barrel capacity as well. probrewer.com is a great resource.

beerloaf

"Look, let me explain something to you. I'm not Mr. Lebowski. You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That or His Dudeness... Duder... or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing." -The Dude
Jade_The_Raw Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply