Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > What would you do? ...Disappearing Beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2011, 09:42 PM   #31
TheMan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 21 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 324 Times on 241 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I am surprised anyone actually thought it was the contractors...I really doubted it was them. Who steals random unlabeled bottles of unknown substance? I guess anything is possible, but I'm sure there are more valuable things around that they would have taken before these bottles.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2011, 02:14 AM   #32
Germelli1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 19

To clear things up. We are on the outskirts of moonshine country here so people will drink whatever is available haha. I didn't trade the boyfriend to get my beer back, I gave them a case of my beer I personally cannot stand to drink, but they love (which was the beer they mistook it for originally). Long story short, my oktoberfest received little to no bittering hops. The beer is nice and malty, then has an aftertaste consisting of sweetness that feels as if it lassos your tongue like a calf at a rodeo. I hate it, roomates love it!

As a follow up, the HVAC guys completed their work today. Thursdays are the days I can usually sneak home for a few hours and today was no exception. I offered them the some Pale Ales, Applewines, A few Oktoberfests. I sent them packing with a sampler consisting of the last bottles of my pale ale and some other variety!

Conscience cleared!

If I had 8 hours to chop down a tree, I would spend 6 sharpening my axe. ~Abe Lincoln

Old 10-14-2011, 02:52 AM   #33
Ogri
Recipes 

Liked 75 Times on 71 Posts
Likes Given: 47

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

I reckon you've accumulated some substantial karma points there, mate

Old 10-14-2011, 12:04 PM   #34
Bumbler
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germelli1 View Post
Welp, Looks like I jumped the gun and I am glad I did some digging with the roomates. Turns out the landlord's boyfriend assumed it was my oktoberfest (worst beer I ever brewed but that id a story for another day) that I had left in the kitchen for everybody to enjoy. So I am trading them and entire case of my oktoberfest for the bottles back

I also have the last 6 pack of my pale ale and a six pack of applewine ready to give to the contractors to clear my conscience from suspecting them!

I am glad this spurred some debate so feel free to carry it on in a hypothetical sense!
Glad to hear things got resolved. Sometimes cooler heads prevail.

Enjoy your Wee Heavy.

Old 10-14-2011, 04:38 PM   #35
eltorrente
Recipes 

Liked 60 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Are people really surprised that something like this could happen?

Last year, some workers came into my apartment to seal up an attic access hole while I was at work - and they stole my loaded Sig P220 .45 automatic from my night stand, and they somehow managed to find a small stash of herbal substance that was hidden.

I called the cops immediately to report the gun, and of course nothing could be proven.

Old 10-14-2011, 05:46 PM   #36
TheMan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 21 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 324 Times on 241 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltorrente View Post
Are people really surprised that something like this could happen?

Last year, some workers came into my apartment to seal up an attic access hole while I was at work - and they stole my loaded Sig P220 .45 automatic from my night stand, and they somehow managed to find a small stash of herbal substance that was hidden.

I called the cops immediately to report the gun, and of course nothing could be proven.
Not surprised that something could be stolen, but surprised that an unlabeled bottle of unknown substance would be the thing stolen. Stealing someones gun makes far more sense than an unknown bottle.

Old 10-14-2011, 06:25 PM   #37
motleybrews
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I had a neighbor return a half empty fermentor a few weeks ago. I've had issue with having to call the cops on his ass a few times. One night I went to where I keep my beer and there was a fermentor full of my favorite nut brown missing. Called the landlord and raised hell. Because my shower/tub was being refinished and I couldn't be in the apartment for a few days.

Apparently, the workers had left the door open and a$$hole came in while they were working and went straight for the beer.

Apparently he didn't realize it was uncarbed and not fully fermented until him and his brother had drank roughly 2 gallons (they are both drunks and "former" coke addicts). Got a knock on my door, he returned the bucket with only 3 gallons in it. Apologized but not before telling me it was the crappiest beer he's ever had (he's a steel reserve in 40s guy). I called the cops. He got arrested for breaking and entering and theft. The next morning, they were kicked out of the building.

Quick Reply