Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > What would you do? ...Disappearing Beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2011, 03:36 PM   #21
70Cuda383
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

hypothetically....Thieves are scum of this earth, and don't deserve to breathe the same oxygen that we do....they should be forced to carry plants around with them everywhere they go, so that they can replenish the oxygen they consume.

I hate thieves.

If I ever catch someone stealing my stuff...it'll be really hard to restrain myself and NOT shoot first, even if all they are making off with is a few hundred dollars in scrap metal.

anyway...

glad you found out what happened, and are g etting your bottles back.

and the file cabinet idea is brilliant! I've been looking at the 4 batches of beer I have downstairs in various stages of aging right now, 2 of which are in bottles carbing up. I began to wonder... "how long till I have to find a way to lock these up to keep the kids out of it?" my boys are 5 and 3 right now...but boys will be boys and I'm sure by the time they hit middle school, I can't leave that stuff sitting out so openly.

but, I also plan to educate them on what I'm doing and why, and once they're teenagers, I'll let them have tastes of my home brew so they can begin to appreciate it like I do.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2011, 03:49 PM   #22
huge1s
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

I am not understanding why you need to trade the boyfriend beer to get your other beer back. Sounds like an honest mistake if he thought it was your shared beer and you can just ask for the beer back.

And offering contractors a soda/gatorade/beer is a great way to keep your stuff safe and provide motivation to do a good job. I worked in construction for a long time and ALWAYS appreciated when someone would come out of their house on a hot day and offer you something to drink. Not that I ever did crappy work... it was just nice.

Old 10-13-2011, 03:57 PM   #23
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 392 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 105

So as it turns out, those suggestions of poisoning the contractors, or getting them fired, or anally raping their mothers while pouring sugar in their gas tank weren't really very good ideas.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

That'll do, Pigley. That'll do.

Old 10-13-2011, 04:19 PM   #24
BrewThruYou
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird View Post
So as it turns out, those suggestions of poisoning the contractors, or getting them fired, or anally raping their mothers while pouring sugar in their gas tank weren't really very good ideas.
They seemed like perfectly rational ideas at the time.

Old 10-13-2011, 04:46 PM   #25
cimirie
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird
Mods must have removed the original "anal rape of mothers" post. I couldn't find it anywhere.

-----------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuporMan View Post
You guys joke around with this all you want, but let me tell you something: I tried making my own beer one time and wound up with herpes!

Primary: Billy Corrigan Ale, malted cider experiment, Optimator clone
Secondary: Sorachi Ace IPA
Bottled: Dark Lord Clone Imperial Stout, Winter 2010 Spiced Ale Ambassador Brown Ale, Michigan Berry pLambic
Kegged: Old Woodward ESB, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: Honey brown ale, dry stout

Old 10-13-2011, 05:10 PM   #26
uncommonsense
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I had the same problem with my 18 and 19 year old brother in laws. I found out and made them help me brew a new batch, to show them what i have to put in a batch. Their mom didnt like it though, because they were making "alcohol" underage.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:41 PM   #27
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2449 Times on 1726 Posts
Likes Given: 1404

I still think the contractors stole stuff... Bastards.

Old 10-13-2011, 07:20 PM   #28
bovineblitz
Recipes 

Liked 117 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Why is the landlord's boyfriend in your house in the first place?

Old 10-13-2011, 08:54 PM   #29
Tinga
Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by huge1s View Post
I am not understanding why you need to trade the boyfriend beer to get your other beer back. Sounds like an honest mistake if he thought it was your shared beer and you can just ask for the beer back.
haha I totally understand this one. He said he traded a case of oktoberfest (his worst beer ever). this is more like hey you give me the good beers back and you can take this crap off my hands. I've done this before.

Old 10-13-2011, 10:22 PM   #30
Pappers_
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 1022 Times on 717 Posts
Likes Given: 2102

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird View Post
Yes, just like in the another recent thread complaining about family and more than a few manly HBT members went on about showing their MILs the wrong end of shotgun if they were poking around their 'castles'. So much testosterone, so little common sense

My wife's book "Uncovering Lives: Discovering One Immigrant Generation's Secrets and Lives of Forgiveness, Grace and Healing"

"People who ask a question want a conversation as much as they want an answer." b-boy

Quick Reply