Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > What is the WORST beer you have ever had?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2012, 12:36 PM   #21
Grinnan5150
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The first batch if beer I made was the worst. I knew nothing about brewing or sanitation. Just rinsed the equipment and primed by putting individual tsp's of priming sugar in each bottle. It was terrible. I am surprised I continued to keep brewing after that disaster.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2012, 12:45 PM   #22
Howie
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Magic Hat #9

Old 02-26-2012, 12:54 PM   #23
Hoosier-Brewer
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Most recently a Trippel from Upland Brewing in Indiana, I didn't like it at all and couldn't take more than a couple of sips. Not to bash Upland, but I have not found a beer yet from them that I do like very well and I'm not sure why. I keep trying them on occasion, maybe one day I will find one I like.

Old 02-26-2012, 01:00 PM   #24
Beardedterror
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Besides some of my own that had various problems, the worst commercial beer I've ever had was Big Flats, which is sold at the walgreens near my apartment. At $2.99 a sixer, you can get the best beer that's brewed inside of a skunk's butthole. I took one sip, threw up, and dumped the rest. Never again will I buy something that cheap.

Old 02-26-2012, 03:49 PM   #25
jbsg02
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 11

My first homebrew, a mr beer pale ale laden with chlorophenols. Wasn't aware about chlorine and chloramine being such a detriment at the time

Old 02-26-2012, 03:50 PM   #26
grouperdude
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 2

every mr beer i made

Old 02-26-2012, 03:55 PM   #27
Smooshed_Snoot_Brew
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Magic Hat No 9. F'ing horrible. Would rather drink a case of BMC than drink that swill.

On Deck: Undecided
Primary: Cal Common 'Steam' Beer
Conditioning:
Bottled: Ginger Porter, BirthdayIPA
Previous Brews: Everyday IPA

Old 02-26-2012, 04:27 PM   #28
BiscayneBrewing
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The worst beer I've ever had the displeasure of laying lip to was Original Schlenkerla Smokebeer (from Germany). Ever couple of weeks I go to Total Wine because they have an awesome selection of microbrews. I always grab a bunch I have never heard of just to expand my knowledge/pallet. I find this smokebeer stuff from Germany. I like smoking ribs, briskets and the like plus I'm a firefighter...smokebeer sounds like it would be right up my alley. So I'm thinking it's going to be dark and have a hint of smoke from a small addition of some smoked malt. Nooooooo! If you've ever used that little bottle of stuff from the store called 'liquid smoke', imagine drinking it. It was like emptying an ashtray into stale beer from a college keg party and then drinking it. I couldn't take a second sip. Of course, misery loves company so I go grab the wife and say (with enthusiasm) "you gotta try this stuff". She takes a big swig and about regurgitates. Good times.

Et Tu, Brew Day?

Old 02-26-2012, 05:05 PM   #29
jonmohno
Recipes 

Liked 410 Times on 361 Posts
Likes Given: 1206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardedterror View Post
Besides some of my own that had various problems, the worst commercial beer I've ever had was Big Flats, which is sold at the walgreens near my apartment. At $2.99 a sixer, you can get the best beer that's brewed inside of a skunk's butthole. I took one sip, threw up, and dumped the rest. Never again will I buy something that cheap.
Wow ,was it the premium lager? Or light? I was impressed and havent had lagers in a while but i considered it a surprisingly good lager.Just my opinion i guess but from what i remember of bud miller coors i like it better than those. My girlfriend asked what it was cause she liked it and i was like i know its good isnt it? Really you threw up ?- you must have been loaded? I did have a few of those and some other beers and had a hangover which i havent had in a long time.Normally six craft beers will not make me feel so terrible the next day.Feeling crusty nausious and moving about like a weak old man.

Old 02-26-2012, 05:06 PM   #30
RobbyBeer
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooshed_Snoot_Brew
Magic Hat No 9. F'ing horrible. Would rather drink a case of BMC than drink that swill.
Really? Perhaps you had a skunked bottle or something... Because elephant piss is better than BMC... And #9 is a bit better than elephant piss...
And I know, I used to work at the circus.. It's where Bud gets most of their ingredients...

Quick Reply