Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > What is the WORST beer you have ever had?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2012, 04:03 AM   #11
cwdrake
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Little Kings. Worst beer ever.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2012, 04:04 AM   #12
Rhaop
Recipes 

Likes Given: 6

KM ale, brewed for baltimores rock morning radio show KML, it was horrible don't know how they ever put their name on that crap, it was for a charity they were doing is only reason we tried it, believe me i was 15 i drank anything but that stuff......

Old 02-26-2012, 04:59 AM   #13
DrBergeron
Recipes 

in college we pilfered a half full 30 pack of miller lite that had been sitting on the porch of an adjacent house's 2nd floor porch. It was there for as long as we could remember, to the point where the box was sunfaded from going through at least 1 WI summer and winter. That was pretty awful. The worst malt liquor IMO is CAMO XXL or something similar.

Old 02-26-2012, 05:06 AM   #14
MrSpiffy
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

I just started drinking beer within the last year or two, even though I'm going on 29. I just never had a desire to drink beer, and stuck with cocktails instead. When I started drinking beer, I made it a point to avoid most large, commercial beers. But I got cornered a couple years ago while turkey hunting. My wife's aunt and uncle have hunting land, and while her uncle couldn't make it, a buddy of his could. So we met up to hunt.

Well... I brought a 6-pack or two of good microbrew. Something like an 8-9% abv stout or something. He brought a 30-pack of Red Dog... I went to grab a brew from the fridge in the shack, and he stopped me saying, "Nah, save the good stuff! Grab one of mine." I didn't want to insult the man, so I had a few Red Dogs. It was weird... kinda fizzy. I hope I don't get stuck drinking that stuff again.

Second worst I've had was Corona. It's just not good at all. But not as bad as Red Dog!

Old 02-26-2012, 05:10 AM   #15
tim2akat2
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Back in the day a few buddies of mine and me bought a case of beer and it came in white cans that said beer on them. It tasted like ass and was like drinking a can of tacks but it had the desired effect. The hangover the nextg day was so bad I have blocked it out of my memery.

Old 02-26-2012, 05:54 AM   #16
Ultrazord
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Coastal Fog "IPA" Terrible. I've never returned beer before...until then. Thank god Bevmo was willing to take it back.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:06 AM   #17
moorerm04
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Worst beer I have ever drank was on my honeymoon in Punta Canna...... A bottle of Presidente that was in our mini fridge in the room...... It tasted like flat stale moldy corn! Keep in mind I like Presidente on tap or in fresh bottles! The date on the bottle indicated that the beer was 3 years old, and by my assumption had been in that fridge for a very long time! Second worse and this is a close one to the first was a 400z of steel reserve that my brother got me for my 21st B-day.... seriously foul and that is an understatement!

Old 02-26-2012, 07:32 AM   #18
Edd
Recipes 

Here in England we have thousands of microbreweries spewing out questionable products. Lots of great ones too, but the strange belief that local cask products are the only beer worth drinking which has been put forward by CAMRA (the Campaign for Real Ale) combined with tax breaks for breweries which produce under a certain amount, bad breweries have proliferated in recent years.

The worst beers I can recall are from Shardlow brewery. These beers were very fresh, looked after properly (from the point my pub received them) yet somehow the first one we put on the bar had a taste of raw sewage. We managed to sell about a gallon of that one before giving up on it and trying the next. This one was different...it tasted more like stale pond water. Mmmm...scummy.

It turned out every beer we had from them was appalling. The next day I called them and demanded a refund for what I could only see as an infected batch, unfortunately they had gone bankrupt. 2 weeks later they reopened and started shipping out beer again, debt free. Needless to say I've not ordered beer from them again.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:13 AM   #19
BrewerBear
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 20

steel reserve is pretty bad, but not near as bad as pit bull.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:22 AM   #20
ChillWill
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Tried a load of 'rejects' from a homebrew competition.

Infections, dms, diacetyl, sulphur, over carbonated... you name it, they had it.

Quick Reply