New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > What are some of your tricks that have not been discussed?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2010, 03:04 PM   #21
ultravista
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 19

After converting a keg to a keggle, I use the stainless dip tube for measurements. Similar to the wooden rod mentioned on page one, the stainless tube is easy to sanitize.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2010, 03:10 PM   #22
ayoungrad
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have done the bottling bucket to fermenter thing as well. I just shut off the flow from the bottling bucket spigot for a second, take some wort for my OG in a separate container and then open it back up for the rest to go into the fermenter.

Old 12-30-2010, 03:24 PM   #23
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 340 Times on 281 Posts
Likes Given: 92

One kind of weird thing I do is use my MLT to sanitize my pump and my chiller. After I start boiling, I immediately dump my spent grains and rinse out the MLT. I then fill it with a gallon or two of sanitizer and hook it up to my pump, then I recirculate Star San through it and the wort chiller, back into the MLT. People always think that I'm sanitizing my MLT for some dumb reason, but it's the one piece of other equipment I have that I can connect directly to the pump to be able to circulate through the chiller, and the MLT is a good size for tossing in all the other peripherals I need to sanitize. I just get everything circulating and let it go during the boil, then everything is all set to go when the boil is over - plus, the MLT is already clean and set to put away.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

That'll do, Pigley. That'll do.

Quick Reply