What should I buy for my husband?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Giftcard. At least make it the 'biggie' gift. Are you a beer drinker as well? You might want to pick up a kit in the style that you both enjoy along with a giftcard. Maybe even a 'sampler' pack or two of different beers from whereever you buy beer. We both got turned onto lambics last year after she bought me a sampler pack last year, and she rarely, if ever, drinks beer! This hobby can be daunting for somebody in your shoes. I would try to keep it as simple as possible.

Thanks, dynachrome! He brews his beer in a keg; would the wort thingies fit in one?

To answer your question, I like PBR. The beers he makes usually taste too bitter for me. Plus, the whole "don't pour all of the beer in the glass or you'll swallow live yeast" thing kinda weirdos me out...

Sorry,

I missed this earlier.

The wort chilling coil would go into his pot that he does his boiling in. Most people use separate pots for boiling and then there is a big glass bottle for fermenting. The last container is the keg for storage and serving.

You need the size (diameter) of his boiling pot.

Sorry,

I missed this earlier.

The wort chilling coil would go into his pot that he does his boiling in. Most people use separate pots for boiling and then there is a big glass bottle for fermenting. The last container is the keg for storage and serving.

You need the size (diameter) of his boiling pot.

I think she meant he boils in a keggle.

i hope i'm wrong, but myhusbandbrews posts read like they're written by someone TRYING to sound clueless. can't help but think we're being messed with a bit

:confused:

Back