Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > What level are you?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2009, 11:07 AM   #81
rico567
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 82 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVD_X View Post
I am a tenth level neutral paladin.
Well done, Sir. You are the owner of this thread.

It's been more fun reading this thread from the standpoint of deconstructing how people define what a homebrewer is, what is included & what is left out, than any definition laid down in the OP.

A better method, I think, is to make up a "list" based on my own expectations. Have I mastered the basic "cookbookery" of brewing? I think so. Are my errors NON-repeating? Yes. Am I currently satisfied with the beer I'm producing? Yes. Is there enough I'm doing of an "experimental" or "progressive" nature to keep me interested in the process? So far (and this last one is very important to me- but may mean nothing to others).

OTOH, there are things on some people's lists that are meaningless to me, e.g., competitions. It can't mean anything to me, because I am non-competitive. I don't compete, because I can't feel what one author described as that particular "fire in the belly." It was left out of my makeup, somehow; I can see it and define it, but have no feeling for what it is, just as I can memorize the orders of insects, but will never have any idea of what it is to be a grasshopper.

“Malt does more than Milton can / To justify God’s ways to man”

-A. E. Housman (1859–1936). A Shropshire Lad , 1896.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply