Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > What kinds of food do you enjoy with your homebrew (recipes)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2006, 10:02 PM   #1
dblvsn
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default What kinds of food do you enjoy with your homebrew (recipes)

When I crack open a beer I always enjoy something to snack on. What are some of your favorite snacks or meals that you enjoy? If your recipe isn't too much of a secret, how about sharing your recipe so we can enjoy it too.

Here's a favorite of mine:

Pickled Eggs
12 Hard Boiled Eggs
1 1/4 c. Vinegar
2 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
3/4 c. Water
1/2 c. Sugar
1 tsp. Mustard
1 tsp. Pickling Spice
1 Medium Onion (sliced)
1 tbsp. Salt
Canning jars large enough to hold the 12 eggs

Begin by boiling raw eggs for 15 minutes. Place eggs in ice cold water to cool. Peel eggs and set aside. Mix the rest of the ingredients well and place in a pot on low to medium heat until the onions are tender. Begin placing the eggs in the canning jars and pouring the pickling mix over the eggs being sure the onions get mixed in between the eggs well. After jars are full place the lids on the tops and allow to cool. Refrigerate for 7-10 days. Serve by slicing into 1/4" pieces and placing on a Ritz cracker. A drop of Tabasco on the slices never hurts for an extra kick. Excellent wit da homebrew!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2006, 10:29 PM   #2
Evan!

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Not a recipe per se...but:

12oz The Burninator! (barleywine)

2oz+ Point Reyes Blue Cheese

Combine in mouth. Prepare for blown mind.

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Old 03-23-2008, 03:39 PM   #3
BigKahuna
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Coming here from the pickled Egg Discussion...I can't help but post about what my 3 year old son calls KooPickels.
We get a jar of whole dill pickles...Slice each one of them in half, add 1 package of KoolAide (No sugar) and then add sugar, about 1/4 cup to the jar. Replace sliced pickles and set in back of fridge for a week or more.
NOBODY has ever disliked these (Except for SWMBO), and the kids will actually clean their room for one.
I like Black Cherry best, but we've tried all of the flavors. Lime was the worst.

Old 03-24-2008, 01:33 PM   #4
g_rath
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKahuna
Coming here from the pickled Egg Discussion...I can't help but post about what my 3 year old son calls KooPickels.
We get a jar of whole dill pickles...Slice each one of them in half, add 1 package of KoolAide (No sugar) and then add sugar, about 1/4 cup to the jar. Replace sliced pickles and set in back of fridge for a week or more.
NOBODY has ever disliked these (Except for SWMBO), and the kids will actually clean their room for one.
I like Black Cherry best, but we've tried all of the flavors. Lime was the worst.

Bizarre. But I might have to try it just because its so strange.

Planed: more cider.
Primary: empty
Secondary:Dry hopped amber ale, Does Equis clone.
Keged:Pumpkin spice, wizen.
Bottled: Hard cider, Oaked bourbon vanilla cider, Vanilla Porter.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:16 PM   #5
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector

Recipes 

Liked 2762 Times on 2713 Posts
Likes Given: 118

Koo Pickles. Definitely have to try. Me and SWMBO are Pickle freaks. We're like 3 year olds at restaurants trying to steal each others pickles. We won't think twice about a fork to the hand if there's a pickle spear at risk.

On the recipe note:
Not my recipe nor do i have one, but my favorite snack I got at a brew puc was Scottish Eggs. I'm sure there is a recipe online. I've yet to make them myself though. It's a hardboiled egg, wrapped entirely in sausage, the deep fired. Freakin great.

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo

Old 03-24-2008, 05:31 PM   #6
RICLARK

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

Had a bad exp. with Pickled eggs. When I turned 21 my Brother in law told me to eat one and drink a double of Goldshlager or however you spell it. Disgusting! as far as what I eat with my home brew, I love Brats and Bag sauerkraut.

Kegged/Bottled: Boston Lager Clone, Crimson Ale, Guiness Draught Clone, Kilt Warmer Scotch Ale, BBB Blonde Ale, Oberon Clone Pt. 1,000

Do I Look Like A Man.....With A Plan??

Local Home Brew Store

www.theredsalamander.com

Old 03-24-2008, 06:47 PM   #7
POLISHALE
Recipes 

nothing like a white castle and a homebrew after a hard day at work

3. Raspberry two sweet for me
sec
1.empty
on tap
1. Irish Red
2. Chocolate Stout
ready to go
Harps Clone
wish me luck

Old 03-25-2008, 05:31 AM   #8
BigKahuna

Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICLARK
Had a bad exp. with Pickled eggs. When I turned 21 my Brother in law told me to eat one and drink a double of Goldshlager o
I grew up in a town of about 1200 People. We have a bar, where still to this day (10 Years later) the right bar tender will make you a Beau Shot. It will make you walk on water and that's good, cause it's gonna leave you in the toilet if you're not VERY Careful.
1Shot Goldschlager, 1 Shot Crown...In a Rocks Glass...Drink it all at once Big Boy. Ask around...sooner or later you'll meet someone that has done this...and if not, The Big Kahuna recommends it highly. Just make sure you've got a good friend around, Because if you do more than 2, you're gonna need some help!
On the Cool Pickels...Deffinately give it a shot. For the jar of pickels and like 80cents worth of stuff, You can't go wrong.

Old 04-07-2009, 01:06 PM   #9
pizzaman
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Texas Wings

Here's an easy recipe for what I call texas wings(big a$$ buffalo wings). Buy some chicken legs, or leg quarters if you wanna get really crazy. Drop thawed legs into pan of hot oil and fry about 30 minutes, turning occasionally(a fry-daddy is a great tool for this). After you've cooked all of em up, fill bowl with about a cup of "I can't believe it's not butter" Spray, and a bottle of cholula, and mix well. Pour this over the chicken legs and toss until well coated.

The variations of the sauce are what make this recipe great. I've made this 10 times in the last 12 months and never once made it the same. Adding teriyaki, worcestershire, garlic, tobasco, etc makes for interesting variations. You could also use regular buffalo size wings if you wanna be fancy.

Old 04-07-2009, 01:31 PM   #10
SpanishCastleAle
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 29 Posts

I can't eat too much when I drink beer...I get too bloated and that cuts into the beer consumption.

But I do have a favorite: Bite sized pieces of good cheese wrapped in Proscuitto...aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh.

EDIT: yea...it's a wine food but it's sofa king good I don't care.

Early brewers were primarily women, mostly because it was deemed a woman's job. Mesopotamian men, of some 3,800 years ago, were obviously complete assclowns and had yet to realize the pleasure of brewing beer.- Beer Advocate

Quick Reply