Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > What I did for beer today

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2012, 12:30 AM   #1421
Darkness
Local's Need's Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Default Local craft brewer

Went to the local craft brewery tasting room and had three pints. Mothers Brewery, Springfiels MO they had a Black Cherry Sherry Barrel brew that was great. They ae also releaseing a Bourbon Barrel aged Brown this weekend. Oh some times just drinking beer is all a man needs to do for beer each day.

Why can't every day be a Brew day?

You Stay Classy Brew Nation!!

"He who dies with the most beer didn't drink enough!!"
(that's from me)

daddyo1109 Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2012, 02:08 AM   #1422
mike20793
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 19

I recruited a new homebrewer today. My buddy had tried to get into it during college but it always fell through. I was brewing my American Brown today so I invited him and gave him an in depth run down of the procedure. It was my first brew in a couple months and we hit all our numbers exactly. When we finished, he went home and immediately started pricing gear at Rebel Brewer. Of course we had some homebrews during the process and as soon as he saw how good they turn out, he was hooked. Welcome to the addiction!

Old 07-19-2012, 02:16 AM   #1423
jerryteague
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 182 Times on 151 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike20793
I recruited a new homebrewer today. My buddy had tried to get into it during college but it always fell through. I was brewing my American Brown today so I invited him and gave him an in depth run down of the procedure. It was my first brew in a couple months and we hit all our numbers exactly. When we finished, he went home and immediately started pricing gear at Rebel Brewer. Of course we had some homebrews during the process and as soon as he saw how good they turn out, he was hooked. Welcome to the addiction!
Glad to see someone from my former neck of the woods. I lived in gainesboro for 8 years before moving back to Oklahoma. I'm going back early next year for vacation. Maybe I'll see ya around.

Old 07-20-2012, 01:48 PM   #1424
sweed
Recipes 

Liked 110 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Not today, but I bottled my RIS the other night! Here's the left overs.

forumrunner_20120720_094727.jpg

Bottling my hefe this weekend. 2 cases of bottles, only$5! I <3 craigslist, haha.

Old 07-20-2012, 01:54 PM   #1425
freemanmh
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I picked up 10 milk crates last night for various brewing-related activities (carboy transport, bottle storage, gear storage, etc). Those things are extremely handy.

Bottled: BM's Centennial Blonde, NB Milk Chocolate Stout, NB Shining Star Pale Ale, Bass clone, MO/EKG SMaSH

Old 07-20-2012, 02:47 PM   #1426
duckredbeard
Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 33 Posts

Picked up 3 cornies from someone who has too many, apparently. Is that possible?

Old 07-21-2012, 03:36 PM   #1427
daddyo1109
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default planning to visit Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
Went to the local craft brewery tasting room and had three pints. Mothers Brewery, Springfiels MO they had a Black Cherry Sherry Barrel brew that was great. They ae also releaseing a Bourbon Barrel aged Brown this weekend. Oh some times just drinking beer is all a man needs to do for beer each day.
So we're from St. Louis and my son and I are planning to visit mother at the end of August. We are going down to Indian Point at Table Rock for a couple of days of Just Guys time.
I have had the Tow Head blonde, what else are they tasting right now?

Old 07-21-2012, 03:49 PM   #1428
MacGruber
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Made a 1000ml starter at 6 a.m. In preparation for my Honey Orange Wheat that I will be brewing in an hour!

Old 07-21-2012, 07:44 PM   #1429
zacster
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 21 Posts

Went to Ommegang Brewery in Cooperstown yesterday. Did the tour and learned very little that I didn't already know from homebrewing, except that the small craft brewers do essentially the same thing on a somewhat larger scale. One thing they do to their beers that I and most of us don't do is lager their ales. They keep them at 34 for a month before bottling or kegging. They use corn sugar just as we do in bottles to naturally condition, and force carb their kegs. They also use a proprietary yeast, and when I asked if I could get some of if they sold to homebrewers I got an emphatic NO. I guess I'll have to try to harvest from the bottles that I bought there.

I also did a tasting of 6 of their brews, all Belgian ale styles as that's all they make, and had a Hennepin and a Witte in the cafe with lunch.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:11 PM   #1430
Qhrumphf
Stay Rude, Stay SHARP
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1569 Times on 1122 Posts
Likes Given: 648

Made starters for tomorrows Dubbel and Blonde. The yeast for the Dubbel swelled up just fine, but the yeast for the Blonde was an older pack (late May) and didn't swell at all over 4 or so hours. I'm sure it's fine (Mr. Malty says 50% viability) but it always gets me paranoid.

Up Next: Flanders Red, Belgian IPA
Primary: Malt Liquor
Souring: Lamebic, Brett. C. Old Ale, Sour Stout, Brett C. Wild Bitter
Polypinned: English IPA
Bottled: Sticke Altbier, Doppelsticke Altbier, Weizenbock, Berliner Weisse, Spruce Brown Ale, English Summer Ale, Coniston Bluebird Bitter Clone v1.5, Best Bitter, Spiced Winter Warmer
In the "cellar": Brett B. Tripel, Quadrupel, Tripel, Brett C. Oaked English Barleywine, Lamebic

Quick Reply