Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > What got you into homebrewing?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2012, 08:08 PM   #11
bovineblitz
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 113 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Had gotten really into craft beer, got a Mr. Beer kit for Christmas... quickly shifted into the standard 5gal batch size and by my third batch went AG. Once it started, it really escalated quickly. Just brewed batch 50 today.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2012, 08:24 PM   #12
swackattack
Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 2

My brother bought me a coopers kit for Christmas. Best gift I've been given and started and obsession.

Old 09-08-2012, 08:47 PM   #13
CBelli
Beer Lover
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
I've got an arduino controlled fermentation fridge/kegerator now and I'm working in setting up a grain mill.
Love to get info on the Ardunio.... I think that has amazing possibilities! Please PM the instructions

Old 09-08-2012, 09:00 PM   #14
pigsaarz
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 4

This is a question I have often thought about, not so much as about why I did,why is it not for every one wo drinks beer? Out of all the countries where home brewing is an easy hobby to take up, why is it we are such a minority, what is it that makes some do and alot don't.Did something happen to make us homebrew sure cost is one factor but not such a big one, was it my mother feeding me great tablespoons of malt extract when I was young, having porridge for breakfast every morning, drinking Horlicks or Ovaltine of a night. I think it was my mothers fault I started to drink beer after being exposed to all that malt and barley at a very early age.(I must write and thank her)
I reckon if a survey was done with every one who home brews we would all have something in common but what that something is I don't know,but it gives all of us a self satisfaction

Old 09-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #15
Nightshade
Recipes 

Liked 191 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 210

When I moved to where I am now I made friends with a couple guys who brewed at home, sat in on a couple brews and enjoyed it.
When a position opened up at work to brew I put in for it and got the job and have been seriously hooked ever since. Been brewing as a job since April of this year, started homebrewing in February of this year...quick study I guess.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:08 PM   #16
Calichusetts
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 224 Times on 165 Posts
Likes Given: 602

Wife got me a Brooklyn Beer shop kit about two years ago on sale at William and Sonoma. She was trying to save it for Christmas but gave it to me in the spring instead (thank god for that!). Been brewing about a batch a week ever since.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:20 PM   #17
truckndad
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I got severly injured at work a few years back. Couldn't work for three years. After around one year, my wife got me Mr Beer kit for Christmas to give me something to do around the house. It was a simple quick process and the beer wasn't too bad at all. So I got online and did some research into the bigger kits, and as soon as I was able to I purchased one and made an extract Pale Ale. Things quickly escalted from there and I'm almost 100 batches in now.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:07 PM   #18
TromboneGuy
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I like doing things the hard way. Like writing with a fountain pen, shaving with a straight razor, cooking from scratch. My then-girlfriend (wife now) got me a coopers kit almost 2years ago. I just ordered about 125# of grain in a bulk buy, and I'll probably be upgrading to a bigger kettle and burner soon.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:14 PM   #19
ColeBeer78
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I watched brewmasters and decided to give it a shot. A year later I have a 3 keg single tier rig and 6 Carboys.

Old 09-09-2012, 02:27 AM   #20
Woodyswoodchuck
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My fiancée actually got me into home brewing. I didn't even like drinking beer till about 2 years ago. Went to France and learned to like it. Came home and six months later she got me the equipment kit. Been loving it ever since. Best gift she's gotten me!

Quick Reply