*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > What Does "Young Beer" Taste like?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2011, 01:52 PM   #21
WazzuBrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Ive had the same taste.

I experienced this same metallic taste. For me it was my beer line that needed to be cleaned. All i did was run some star san through it...Worked for me.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 08:06 PM   #22
RockyTop11
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I know this has been out of works for a while, but just started kegging and is my problem. Thread has helped and going to check my water levels. Kayos??? Did it go away with aging in the keg? Do you remember how long it took?

Secondary-(1)Zombie Dust Clone #1 (2)
Bottled-(1)Whiskey Barrel Porter (2)Caramel Apple Hard Cider
Kegged-(1)Hop Head IIPA (2)MidState Brew Crew Club IPA (3) (4) (5) (6)

Old 01-24-2013, 03:52 AM   #23
Kayos
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Nope Got worse with time. It ended up narrowing it down to my terrible water. When I got into kegging, I also read a lot on AG and that my RO water alone was no good for it. So I went back to tap. That's what the prob was. Now I use the water primer by AJdelange and all is well. 3 dumper batches first though with a stronger and stronger metallic taste.

Primary #2: ESB
Big Blind: Pucker Bitter
Small Blind:
Tasty Remembrances: White 'N Nerdy, Dynamite Red (Hop bursted), APA, The Bonaduce (irish Red), runners stout, ridgeback brown,

from my big ass computer sitting on my floor

Quick Reply