Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > What to buy with my Bevmo Giftcard

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 07:23 PM   #1
calimainer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default What to buy with my Bevmo Giftcard

I just got a $100 giftcard to Bevmo for my 21st birthday. Since I go to school out of California and can't bring anything back with me I was thinking that this money would be great to use towards cellaring some beers until (ideally, patience permitting) college graduation.
So what I'm asking is what times of beers would be good for aging 1+ years?
I know Barley Wines, Strong Ales, and RIS all age well, but are there any specific ones that anyone would recommend I pick up?
Right now I'm thinking of a couple sixers of Sierra Nevada Bigfoot.
Thanks in advance.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 08:47 PM   #2
daksin
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 272 Times on 238 Posts
Likes Given: 323

Just as a matter of preference, I'd say get bombers. They take up less space than a sixer and you're really just going to want to break them out at special occasions anyway. Get a greater variety!

I can't be arsed to keep up this list of what's in the fermenters, but hey, check out the cool brewery I own!

twitter.com/2kidsbrewing .. facebook.com/2kidsbrewing .. 2kidsbrewing.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply