What beers/food are you serving for Memorial Day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuercusMax

Reaction score
We're throwing a big bash at our place on Monday, and of course there will be brews on tap! What are you going to be serving, beer and food-wise?

I have 6 taps on my keezer, plus I have an extra c02 tank which I'll have outside with picnic taps for soda for the kids, which should hopefully be sufficient. Root beer and lemon-lime-orange soda.

The Lineup:
1. Cherry-Honey apple cider. The ladies love it. But it's almost gone...
2. Smoked Oktoberfest. It's not my favorite, but it just took a Gold a week ago, so I better brag about it!
3. Hoppy American Brown. Like a cross between Jamil's amber and Tasty's Brown. Just took silver. Delicious. Except I only made 3 gallons - may be gone quick.
4. ESB.
5. Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Stout
6. Currently a tossup between a noble-hoppy American Wheat, Boh Pils, or Patersbier, whichever I feel is most ready.

"Special offering": Belgian Golden a Strong with honey, clementine peel, and coriander. 10.5% so it will only be served by me.

On Deck for the Cherry cider will be another fresh batch assuming it's done fermenting today.
On deck for the Brown will be an all-Chinook Extra Pale Ale.

I'm going to keg up the Patersbier, EPA, and cider today, chill and force carb them. With any luck they'll be in prime shape.

As far as food goes - will be braising pork shoulder for pulled pork, and grilling up a ton of meats, with the usual side dishes.

Grilling meats, meats, and more meats!

As far as beer goes...

It's gonna be hot, so serving up a lemon blonde and a delicate heffe. I guess I'll have some commercial beers floating around too.

Should be a great day! Summer's almost here!!!

I don't have anyone coming over, so it's just brats and a homebrew. Maybe a slaw of some sort,

Hamburgers topped with hummus, sprouts and walnuts.

Others may scoff at this, but this sounds fantastic. As long as they're alfalfa sprouts, and not mung bean sprouts. Mung bean sprouts are good enough, but too watery for a burger, in my opinion.

I went to the Taste of Madison, and had a slider from AJ Bombers, a joint in downtown Madison. They ground fresh peanuts into butter, placed them on a freshly-made burger, and sold them (nothing is free at the Taste). Absolutely fantastic. I have since taken to using peanut butter on my burgers.

Doing a big party tomorrow. Getting ready to toss on a full packer brisket. Then early in the morning 6 pork shoulders will be added. Mid morning the St. Louis ribs will go on. Lots of smoked BBQ beans and smoked Mac and cheese as well. Not sure what others are bringing besides a few dozen oysters that I will smoke and grill up some shrimp.

Beer will be a lavender saison, a sage saison, a cream, wookie jack clone, a zombie clone, and a DBA clone. Couple others may potentially be bringing over some other stuff...just no BMC crap.

Evening will round out with sparklers and fountains for the kids and premium cigars for others.

Fresh Pork Shoulder BBQ, Dunkelweizen, Bourbon Barrel Quad, Dubbel, and Irish Red for non-craft types. With a cigar, for me.

Others may scoff at this, but this sounds fantastic. As long as they're alfalfa sprouts, and not mung bean sprouts. Mung bean sprouts are good enough, but too watery for a burger, in my opinion.

I went to the Taste of Madison, and had a slider from AJ Bombers, a joint in downtown Madison. They ground fresh peanuts into butter, placed them on a freshly-made burger, and sold them (nothing is free at the Taste). Absolutely fantastic. I have since taken to using peanut butter on my burgers.

You realize I'm kidding, right? All these food items are currently being recalled :)

Partying tomorrow at a relative's house. Probably drink copious amounts of homebrew, eat lots of burgers and chips & dip. I think I'll bring a growler of my schwarzbier and maybe a few bottles of some commercial beer in my beer fridge. Don't want to go too crazy though, I'm planning to brew on Monday.

Just picked up a firestone Walker stickee monkey and some dogfish head India Brown ale. Might tap my English mild too. Food is typical burgers and hot dogs.

SWMBO changed plans. Sirloin tip steaks with hash browns & sweet onion/mushroom steak sauce with ESB reduction today. Chicken legs,thighs & sweet Italian sausage with Georgia Moon BBQ sauce tomorrow. Corn on the cob as well.

Having one of my wife's friends over with her husband to grill. Unfortunately the only good beer I have on tap right now is my recent pliny the elder clone. It finished down at 1.008 and fermented super clean so it only tastes like ~6% ABV (actually 8.4%)...this should be an entertaining afternoon.

I have a honey-tangerine Belgian Golden Strong (10.5%, 1.004 FG, 23 IBU) that I will have available by request only - it's very smooth and drinkable, and I'm concerned some friends may not know what they're up against. It's inside my keezer on a picnic tap, not one of the main taps. :)

Marinating 2 pork tendeloins with bourbon, cinnamon, sugar and worch, for hours then grilling them up slow and low with shrimp and a chili-lime glaze for an app. Just me and the fam so this will be done after yard work so I'll need a good brew sadly none of my hb is ready, but I have a good lineup of cigars ready to go.

We had a big party to coincide with my daughters College graduation party, I marinated a few steaks in a family recipe, people go nuts for it, marinated chicken with the Cornell recipe, another crowd pleaser, hamburgers, brats, potato salad, pasta salad, chips dip, salsa and so many others appetizers just too many to list.
I had the following on Ice, all home brew:
Haus ale
Hoptimum Clone
Centennial IPA
Guinness Type Stout
Helles Bock
Hard Cider
Apple Cherry Cider
Also, the following wine and spirits that I made:
Catawba
Moscato
Brunello
Lambrusco
Chianti
Spirits:
Lemoncello
Arancello (Orange version)
Fragolina (strawberry version)
I gave a tour of the wine and brew cellar, let everyone taste a few samples straight from the barrels.
A terrific day, tons of food, friends booze and laughter!

Smoking some St Loius style ribs that I trimmed down. Some smoked baked beans and some ABT's on the grill. As for beer Ive got my Citra Pale, my English Mild, and a few bottles of Rodenbach Grand Cru for this evening.

Bobby Flay's Grilled turkey burgers with Monterey Jack, poblano pickle relish, and avocado mayonnaise. Served with fresh Florida corn, and La Petite Orange Belgian Dubbel (Northern Brewer).

mdd.jpg

Gonna be a little late today. Had to wait til 12 something for momma to get done in the kitchen so I could brew my saison. got that in the fermenter at 5:57. Then got the pit goin',loaded with chicken & Italian sausage. Havin some Founder's Centennial IPA atm.

1. 6 slabs of St Louis cut ribs up top, beans below on the WSM, and turnip greens in the DO on the Kettle

2. A small money muscle pork roast cut from a butt (the rest is for Hill Country Style Sausage)

...while I brew 5 gallons of Brown Ale (while drinking a German Alt)

3. Smoked a couple Salmon filets and glazed with Bourbon Mustard Glaze

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

You were definitely a busy bee! I brewed my saison & BBQ'd a pit full of chicken legs,thighs & Italian sausage with whisky BBQ sauce. Spicy,fruity sauce was amazingly good. Came from the company my son works for that they make for Outback...

Had a little party. Smoked a pork shoulder all day, grilled hamburgers (and, separately, pineapple). Irish red ale, bohemian pilsner, and oatmeal stout on tap.

Back