Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > what beer to buy in NJ

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2012, 07:23 PM   #1
2BeerSpeer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default what beer to buy in NJ

Up here restoring power and had a similar thread while in Pa....thought it would be interesting to have one for NJ! What beer would you suggest I take back to NC with me? I bought several troegs and victory brews while in Pa. Thanks in advance for your replies...

Keg #1 ---
Keg #2 ---
Keg #3 --- Dickens Cider
Keg #4 ---
Keg #5 ---
Keg #6 --- Skull Camp Brewing- Lazy Bones Porter.....1/6th barrel

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #2
Rev2010
Recipes 

Liked 84 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 269

You looking for NJ breweries? If not then it's pretty much grab whatever you can find. We get a fairly diverse amount of different beers from all over the world and USA here so you'll likely find a lot of the stuff you'll come across in the surrounding states as well. I can get Victory and Troegs here for example. If you're looking for local brewery beers the first thing I can think of off the top of my head is Rammstein's beers by the High Point Brewing Company.

BTW, thank you sincerely for your work helping to restore power!!!!! I'm in Bayonne NJ and was without power for a full week so I can fully appreciate the work you are doing

Rev.

Old 11-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #3
2BeerSpeer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 30 Posts

Thanks, I'll look for local first for sure! It sure seems easier to buy here than in Pa....any other NJ breweries that mostly distribute locally?

Keg #1 ---
Keg #2 ---
Keg #3 --- Dickens Cider
Keg #4 ---
Keg #5 ---
Keg #6 --- Skull Camp Brewing- Lazy Bones Porter.....1/6th barrel

Old 11-07-2012, 08:23 PM   #4
cmccaddin
Recipes 

Flying Fish has a great Belgian Dubbel and a series inspired by the NJ Turnpike ("Exit 4" is great). River Horse is nice. Unfortunately previous NJ laws restricted brewery and microbrew pubs within the state resulting in less local breweries compared to states like PA. However buying beer at liquor stores in NJ is superior to PA.

Other great 'local' breweries outside of NJ include Weyerbacher (Easton, PA), Dogfish Head (Milton, DE) and Southern Teir (Lakewood, NY); if you haven't tried these 3 breweries, I'd highly recommend picking up a few, particularly if you're in a mix-and-match liquor store.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:41 PM   #5
beergolf
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 385 Times on 314 Posts
Likes Given: 121

Flying Fish is good.

If you can find any of the exit series, definitely pick some up. exit 4 is a regular, but the others were one time brews. Sometimeyou can find them. Exit 8 was the last one released so you might be able to find some.

http://flyingfish.com/beers/exit_series.html

Beer laws here are much better than PA. Depends where you are but there are some good shops that you can get just about anything.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:14 PM   #6
stbnj
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 1

If you can find the time check out Carton and Kane. Heck I guarantee if you reached out to the owners they would welcome you anytime. Both are in Monmouth, not sure where you are working. We here at the Jersey Shore appreciate it.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:24 PM   #7
bellmtbbq
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Awesome brewery in Lambertville, NJ, called River Horse. If you can find bottles in northern or central NJ, pick them up, you wont regret it.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:06 AM   #8
MicroBrewMaster
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I second visiting Kane brewing, they have some great brews but can only be found on tap or at the brewery. Can get some growlers to take back with you

Primary - Unearthly clone
Primary -

keg 1 - Kolsch
Keg 2 - Cassvile IPA
Keg 3 - Chocolate Stout
Keg 4 - Stans Session
Keg 5 - Cream of Heat
Keg 6 - Barb Berry Blonde
Keg 7 - Helles

Quick Reply